Coronavirus DEBATE: Why are Americans dumb as fck?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KCalhoun, Jun 20, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

With the highest deaths in the world from coronavirus and cases spiking to record highs....

Why are so many Americans so stupidly suicidal and stubborn? Even Fauci said there's an anti-science bias.

• Unlike smart folks in Asian countries,, Americans don't all wear masks
    • States reopen, see huge case increases and fall to close
    • Political leaders fail to wear masks
    • No standard testing and contact tracing
    • Seriously wtf
    Scientific evidence and death counts are facts, why doesn't everyone follow the rules?

Help me understand, as it's baffling

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  2. Wallet

Wallet

People like their freedom, and don’t like being told what to do.

How bad exactly is Covid?

3. gaussian

gaussian

2 months ago: "If people go out they will die!"

2 weeks ago: "If you don't go out and protest people will die!"

Americans are understandably tired of pseudo-intellectual bullshit running our lives. The CDC has walked back 3/4 of their safety statements. Even in the highest effected areas the R0 is low enough to be a non-issue to the average healthy American. If you're not in a vulnerable population move on with your life.

But hey thanks for the low quality bait.

Tsing Tao, Clubber Lang and Wallet like this.
  4. Cuddles

Cuddles

As Fauci points out, it's science bias. It's also deep seated insecurities from inadequacy

[​IMG]

fan27 likes this.
  5. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Do you guys honestly disagree with Fauci, Gottlieb and health care professionals?? Really?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

I get it re freedom but this is an emergency type situation.

I think sadly the only thing that will get people to wake tf up is if they lose someone close to them to the pandemic.

Feels like half of the USA is like picture of ostrich with head in sand.

Don't you think better safe than sorry/dead?

6. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

Lots of childish spoilt adults raising dumb spoilt kids, anti-science bias that continues as long as the bleeding edge science is nearly all done by immigrant students.

Most are not idiots but 30 to 40 percent are through a lifetime of habitual intellectual fat slobishness, plenty to wreck everything.

When it happens to them, they see the problem not before.

Frederick Foresight likes this.
  7. jem

jem

I believe in science and data not Fauci.

There is no science or data which has been released which would indicate we should have locked healthy people in the low risk group.

The high risk should stay isolated.
    This virus is not killing younger healthy people in ways the would require a lock down. We don't ban left turns. We don't lock down for flus. never in history have we locked down the healthy like this.

For instance...
    San Diego only had 6 pure covid deaths.
    The media age of for death is 78 years old.

The virus should be analysed in subsets it does on treat people equally

If you are healthy and young and scared of this virus... you are a mushroom.
    If you old and/or in the high risk group... you can follow doomers all you like because the data warrants caution.

fan27 likes this.
  8. Cuddles

Cuddles

plenty of your posts, including the above one, prove that in fact you do not.

Bugenhagen likes this.
  9. fan27

fan27

Man...that is a funny bit! The part about the roller blades...LOL.

10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

As someone with 2 degrees in psychology, UCLA and Master's from CSULB I find the dichotomy fascinating. Doomers vs deniers.

No doubt the rest of the world shakes their heads In disbelief at stubbornly suicidal Americans. Read up on Spanish flu-- history is repeating itself. There were stubborn deniers and deaths skyrocketed to millions in fall second wave.

I think on average Asian culture is light years smarter than average American people. What are they doing, behaviorally, and what is their hospitalization rate vs ours?

I'm curious, how many more deaths in the USA would it take before you change your mind... seriously? If deaths top 500,000 by December in the USA would you admit more masking and lockdown would have been smart? I'm sincerely curious.

#10     Jun 20, 2020