Cornix's TA Performance

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cornix, Jun 3, 2013.

1. cornix

cornix

TA works better than ever, but priorities regarding online presence have changed. :)

#601     Mar 24, 2014
  2. Cornix, are you ready to concede that Surf was right?

you talked a pretty tough game for a long time on here. IIRC you had back and forths with Surf in which you alluded to 20% monthly profit goals and 100% annual goals as reasonable targets, and much less than that being not worth the bother. You never claimed you did those results but certainly implied as much in your comments.

I wonder if some of that came from the people you associated with, and if you didn't get carried away with hopes of achieving their claims of success. I mean, you hung around with folks who talked of 7 fig annual incomes from daytrading futures, too good to be true tales of amazing consistency with no drawdowns. As one example, there was one of your trading buddies who talked here on elite of taking 10k to 1 million in under a year via forex scalping, and that he could teach a noob trader to do it and it would be no problem to accomplish. You can't possibly believe these stories, can you?

#602     Aug 9, 2014
  3. cornix

cornix

I couldn't publicly make it during the year passed, so Surf was right at that moment, correct.

#603     Aug 10, 2014
  4. convexx

convexx

There is nobody on this board making money on intraday futures (D1) trading. There are probably a few guys swinging futures profitably, but it's of little to no impact on their lifestyle (hobbyists).

There are a handful of guys spreading futures. I know a few of them and they make a good living from it. All of them could retire now.

Cornix seems honest. I wouldn't doubt his veracity. If Surf is right then hell has frozen over and AGW is a hoax.

#604     Aug 10, 2014
  5. Well congrats on having the integrity to own up to things. I was hoping for you to succeed.

For what it's worth, I think many of the online "buddies" you are associating with are full of crap and have been lying to you about their own trading results.

In any case, best of luck in your future trading.

#605     Aug 11, 2014
  6. cornix

cornix

OY and Convex, thank you for kind words.

I don't treat it as a failure, rather as a step to success in speculation/investment career. So some day this thread (or it's clone) may have a continuation. :)

#606     Aug 11, 2014
  7. cornix

cornix

Convexx, do you mean to say that spread trading overall has higher success rate among industry professionals?

#607     Aug 16, 2014