Cornix's TA Performance

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cornix, Jun 3, 2013.

1. cornix

cornix

I'll post it as a result of all day actually, because feel even today's participation here is somewhat a distraction. Then post continuous weekly/monthly totals of the same trades.

Of course theoretically they all can be photoshopped just like any screenshot. I don't have a workaround for this yet, but time will show what can be done.

Posting some trades and not posting others is not a way to go also, because those fastest trades are usually the best also (fastest momentum exists there) so same argument can happen: I didn't post good trades in real-time but posted bad ones. Would make things even worse. :)

#51     Jun 3, 2013
  2. We all are just trying to photoshop blotters and trades so that surf starts using TA to his detriment. We just want him to use it so he loses right?:D :D :D

What would ET be without a TA thread in the mix every month. :cool:

Good trading to you cornix

#52     Jun 3, 2013
  3. cornix

cornix

Yea, I see no real reason for fake statements. Why would anyone spend time on that?

#53     Jun 3, 2013
  4. I don't think you will photoshop----- but disagree with not posting entries first, I have for over a decade, including many daytrades. Not to do so, is a cop out. surf

#54     Jun 3, 2013
  5. cornix

cornix

Surf, not all day trades are equal. Some approach allows you to set in order and wait for it to trigger maybe in half an hour. In such cases of course it would make sense.

I can't do it technically it's a distraction. I don't even do it real-time during live communication with my trading buddies over Skype etc. Because it can be too much a distraction.

Our days it's very fast, HFT added to the noise probably. When did you day trade and what instruments? Also interesting why did you stop?

#55     Jun 3, 2013
  6. PRECISELY....and this is what traders who DON'T trade like this will never understand. For me (like you), a signal might complete in a matter of seconds and there is no time for anything but queuing up size and getting in. I get many potential signals that, at the very last moment, do not end up aligning and nothing happens. But the very next setup may and it's all about proper execution.

#56     Jun 3, 2013
  7. Samsara

Samsara

Until you yourself post real time <i>exits</i>, you have no ground to stand on. The last several colossal losses in your thread never had exits at all, let alone in real time. The same manipulation you accuse this guy of is on display in your own thread.

But of course, consistency isn't your strong suit. After all, you are an avid TA user who mocks avid TA users as losers.

Orwell coined a useful term called "doublethink," for the ability to hold two contradictory positions in mind at once, believing both whenever it has utility.

#57     Jun 3, 2013
  8. Surf, just go and focus on your own thread. You are doing PRECISELY what you bashed others for in the past. Let Cornix do his thing.

#58     Jun 3, 2013
  9. Put a time stamp on the pic. IBTWS has the date and time posted at the bottom of the front-end. Seems like you're on here an awful lot, no? A few thousand words to relate why you can't post your fills? So post something marketable or post the time-stamp from Cunningham as you trade.

Surfer's performance over the years is negative (posted to ET) so arguing that is moot. But you profess to be profitable, right?

#59     Jun 3, 2013
  10. cornix

cornix

I'm with Crossland not IB. And there are time stamps on the blotter as well as fill prices.

#60     Jun 3, 2013