Cornix's TA Performance

Discussion in 'Journals' started by cornix, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Why not post the entry price first without the exit? Otherwise, this is total nonsense. you could pick only the winners to show us, you could photoshop among a host of other nonsense. Why not post the entry then the exit-- there was surely plenty of time between them.

Surf

I wish you well, but you will not survive this challenge.

#41     Jun 3, 2013
  2. You are contradicting yourself-- First, trades are too fast to post prior to the fact, next trades don't happen every day? What is it?

THis is typical TA doublespeak being witnessed here for anyone who cares about how markets really work and why TA is so powerful a cult.

surf

#42     Jun 3, 2013
  3. cornix

cornix

If you noticed, exit happened about 2 minutes after the entry. Sometimes it's even faster and anyway I have to baby sit trades as they are open.

So priorities are clear: not going to sacrifice trading to posting. I make a living by doing this, not just attracting followers by making bold calls. :p

#43     Jun 3, 2013
  4. cornix

cornix

Absolutely no contradiction. Good signals don't happen every day, but sometimes when they do you have to be very quick to catch them. It's real trading Surf, not imaginery, it's a very very boring job taking hours and sometimes days of patience sitting like snake under the sand but always focused to attack in a millisecond of a rat runs by. :D

P. S. For the same reason I am able to post here when I don't trade. It's 95% boring 5% terror business. :)

#44     Jun 3, 2013
  5. BUt you don't trade everyday?? what is it? two minutes isn't scalping its an eternity for true HFT traders--- why cant the entry be posted first, then the exit? otherwise, your efforts are in vain.

Not to mention, you don't know before hand your entry points? That makes zero sense. And you are just following in the same sad pathway of the rest of the TA fakers and bakers.

surf

#45     Jun 3, 2013
  6. cornix

cornix

I trade every day but trades (signals) don't happen every day, sometimes there are several, sometimes none. Quality matters.

And I don't consider myself HFT, rather intra-day swing trader. But you have to be quick with entry and management nevertheless as it's still pretty fast and competitive.

#46     Jun 3, 2013
  7. Ok, i understand your style. But to say its too fast to post an entry is patently ridiculous. I DID IT FOR YEARS, so do 100's of others on stocktwits, etc. If you don't know your entry before hand, its NOT TA. surf

#47     Jun 3, 2013
  8. Josef K

Josef K

If you enter a trade that you might have to exit in two minutes or less, taking time out to post something on ET or even just Twitter could cost you.

#48     Jun 3, 2013
  9. cornix

cornix

Not at all. Sometimes I do know entry before hand, but sometimes pattern completes very quickly giving you less than a second to jump in. I'm not going to sacrifice thousands of dollars in potential profits to distract myself with posting instead as it may be well ITM or stopped out right after the post anyway. I am sure you understand.

#49     Jun 3, 2013
  10. No, I don't understand. On occasion, this may be true, just don't post those trades--- the entry and exit posted together proves nothing, just that you had a good/bad trade--- as you could take 5 losing trades then just post the winner, or even mix in some losers to make it look real. Entries before the exit posted or this is a waste of time and PROVES nothing. surf

#50     Jun 3, 2013