Corn vs. Soybeans trading

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Robertwiz, Jul 14, 2013.

1. I have been considering investigating trading soybeans for awhile now.

I know a local in the pit and I asked him why soybeans, his answer still resonates with me. He said because he only has to focus on soybeans, nothing else. He's not worried about what the bonds or s&ps are doing and how that might effect his positions, just has to worry about the beans. He also mentioned that being in the pit gives him an edge but he could really teach it, he's been down there for 25yrs. He said sometimes it will look great on a chart for an upside breakout for example, but when he looks to the option pit it's dead and he knows he should get out of his long and go short.

How volatile are the beans after the pit closes? Meaning would it be suicide if I only traded during pit hours but took positions overnight?

#21     Sep 23, 2013
  2. ktmtrader

ktmtrader

do ag economic reports come out mid day like the weekly petroleum or nat gas reports? also, is it pretty much the same as other futures contracts where most volume is in the first 2 hours and the last?

thanks.

#22     Sep 23, 2013
  3. Vozdovac

Vozdovac

Beans have been slow the last two days.. Have any of you been trading them?

#23     Sep 24, 2013
  4. lx008

lx008

I guess both soybean and corn will keep falling , for bumpy SA corps next season,and if you do an arb, you can long corn and short beans at further months for SA may grow more soy than expected

#24     Oct 16, 2013
  5. emg

emg

He is an arbitrage trader and only focus on 1 market. His time will be up

[​IMG]

#25     Oct 16, 2013