corn spreads

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by local, Oct 7, 2010.

1. He won't mind when your model sells him stuff at full carry.

#31     Oct 13, 2010
  2. bone

bone

"That pure technical whatever "model" works now because the spread is a proxy for the front month's action."

Correcto-mundo. I go with the breakouts and you floor guys fade them.

Listen guys, for Tuesday the Globex volume in Corn was 486,810 and the Pit volume was 24,984. How is it that you know what works and who is making money?

#32     Oct 13, 2010
  3. Past Performance is Not Indicative of Future Performance. Historical, back-tested, hypothetical, and simulated performance results have inherent limitations."

bone your trade line is misleading. 18 years of profits but no mention of loss or results might not be the same. I don't believe the NFA allows that type of advertisement. I guess you will find out.

#33     Oct 13, 2010
  4. local

local

Let's take this disscussion in a little different direction. Let's talk bean spreads. Have been trading the X10/x11 with some sucess, hasn't been 18 years without a losing trade but have made a little money. Since the usda report and their cut to ending stocks, n11/x11 has traded to a high of 68 today. What I have been doing is buying x10/x11 around 28-30 and seling the x10/n11 against it when it rallies leaving me with the n11/x11 at something closer to 55 (could also just sell X10/x11 when it rallies. Often a 10 daily range in the spread. What do you guys think. Bone, please don't tell me your model told you to buy this spread last Friday at 14 because I just won't believe you.

Regards,local

#34     Oct 13, 2010
  5. bone

bone

I can definitely see why you shorted the 55-ish level, but you need to take out one of these Daily lows from this week before you can breathe any easier.

[​IMG]

#35     Oct 13, 2010
  6. bone

bone

Sorry, here's the beans. Same deal. Need to take out one of these lows since the rally.

[​IMG]

#36     Oct 13, 2010
  7. emg

emg

Gentlemen! Corn Top? Harvest season begin!

#37     Oct 14, 2010
  8. emg

emg

Lots of rain in northern IOWA!

correction: i mean sunny in iowa

#38     Oct 14, 2010
  9. JPope

JPope

Dry and sunny way up here in MN too. Doesn't seem to matter much...

#39     Oct 14, 2010
  10. local

local

X10/x11 trading at 34-36 today, up 4-6. more business done overnite.If there are problems with s.a. beans market reverts to where it wa 2 years ago, world comes to the US for beans. US carryover relatively tight as it is. Any ideas/ comments ?

Regards, local

#40     Oct 14, 2010