Corn Crash!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by simpleton, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Oh yeah I love reading the anaysts commentary. professional flip floppers. They have no fucking clue what the market is gonna do! I always enjoy reading it though, everything is getting smacked down today fellas you guys catch any ofthis?

#51     Jun 23, 2008
  2. I'm positioned long across 7 separate contract months in eCorn but swing short in the front contact looking for a place to reverse.

#52     Jun 23, 2008
  3. Added to my short here.

#53     Jun 24, 2008
  4. 7" or rain in Missouri last night . . .
    headed downstream

add more toyour shorts?

#54     Jun 25, 2008
  5. Yes, I added just under 740 and covered half on the spike down to 720. Will add again on any spikes up.

Up over 20k so far in this trade thanks.

#55     Jun 25, 2008
  6. Ok, you aren't position trading these. I misunderstood.
    I'm short the front month as well but not for much longer.

#56     Jun 25, 2008
  7. I still maintain my core short and I'm only trading from the short side. But the vol is so good you just have to play the ranges a bit too.

Front month/back month, too complicated for me!

Good luck to us both.

#57     Jun 25, 2008
  8. I trade each month, as with all ag commodities, as separate entities. I Intraday some, Swing Trade some and Position trade others.

Currently there are 71 tradeable months in the eGrains and that doesn't even count: Feeder Cattle, Live Cattle, Lean Hogs, Pork Bellies, Sugar, Rough Rice, Sugar, Coffee, Cocoa, or Orange Juice. There are so many markets out there that most have no clue even exist. I told someone the other day I had made 6 figures so far this year in December 2010 eCorn and they looked at me like I was a loon. They said, "How can you make money on something that hasn't even been planted yet?" I just smiled and changed the subject.

#58     Jun 25, 2008
  9. ess1096

ess1096

I love it! :D

That is exactly why I HATE telling people what I do. It's like trying to explain the meaning of life to a five year old. A can of worms I always try to avoid.

#59     Jun 25, 2008
  10. Agreed! good trade simpelton. I am flat right now, i want to put on some mar/jul 09 wheat

#60     Jun 25, 2008