Corn Crash!

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by simpleton, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Ok so Simpleton might conjure up an image of a brain challenged individual but my opinions (which may be a minority at this moment) are stupid because they aren't the same as yours?

And to top it off, you don't even trade this market! You're a joke.

#21     Jun 18, 2008
  2. LT701

LT701

I've traveled across Iowa twice in this time period

i have a relevant opinion here

you're just a dime a dozen ET top caller

#22     Jun 18, 2008
  3. Top and bottom calling is so much more exciting and invites much more debate.

Anyways, if I lose 20k on this trade then that should satisfy you enough.

#23     Jun 18, 2008
  4. LT701

LT701

so what's your thesis?

someone named 'simpleton' observes that corn spiked on weather in 96 then dropped?

big deal - flooding WAY worse than that, and not even close to being over

oil way higher, and corn/oil markets converged because of biofuel

globalism way more advanced than then

#24     Jun 18, 2008
  5. because of the recent flooding a lot of corn, bean, and wheat crop is ruined in the midwest meaning that the lost farming area from the flooding cannot be useful again this year. a decrease in supply will only keep driving these prices up. i don't know how high they're going to go but i know one thing and thats that these markets are not topping out anytime soon!

#25     Jun 18, 2008
  6. Yup, USDA comes out and states that over 40 percent of the corn crop is damaged and we just began the season.
    First we know that the USDA is pathological so consider adding at least 20% on to their figures.
    Now simple (not being funny with that term) supply and demand figures show us that demand has increased by 8% year over year and that doesn't count the idiot ethanol producers.
    Common sense dictates where corn prices go from here people and it isn't down. If it does pull back it WILL retest the highs.

#26     Jun 18, 2008
  7. I don't trade grains and even I am long the wings here.

Ags are this year's mortgage insurer short.

#27     Jun 18, 2008
  8. It's great to see that I'm in such a minority here. Could it be that everyone who plays in this market is LONG? We'll find out soon enough.

#28     Jun 19, 2008
  9. There has to be some sort of correlation between the the lack of problem solving skills, the lack of common sense and a gambling mentality.

#29     Jun 19, 2008
  10. You tell em ProfLogic!

#30     Jun 19, 2008