Cops in FL now carry assault rifles...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Reaver, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Your sentiment to the OP's original question can be measured by your reaction to this:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/INdcaeeb3ws&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/INdcaeeb3ws&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#11     Jun 5, 2008
  2. Not at all. I was merely posting in response to the ignorance shown in the original post.

This "Are We Becoming a Police State" derangement is ridiculous. If the fact that there are some bad cops out there makes you worry about us turning into a police state, you need to get professional help, medication, or both.

#12     Jun 6, 2008
  3. It's not ridiculous. It's a legitimate question, regardless of your opinion.

And it's not about individual LEOs, either; it's rather about the system.

Actors with the best intentions can be part of a flawed system.

#13     Jun 6, 2008
  4. Yeah, I would much rather only the criminals have assault rifles so they can commit their crimes and get the hell out of there without there being a major confrontation with law enforcement. As for the few innocent people they murdered due to the lack of police response, and those they will kill in their next crime, too fuckin' bad.

#14     Jun 6, 2008
  5. Disagree. Based on the argument as presented in the OP, it is completely ridiculous.

But you're right about one thing - it is my opinion. If you and others genuinely feel that a few bad cops warrant "legitimate" concerns that we are becoming a police state, well, go ahead and worry away.

#15     Jun 6, 2008
  6. Hell, lets arm every "good" citizens and cops with miniature nuclear weapons. That will make us safer...

They see a "bad guy" with an assault rifle, they can just nuke them.

What the fuck, a little nuclear fallout ain't gonna do much harm. It is just the price of security...

#16     Jun 6, 2008
  7. You obviously didn't bother to read my first post in this thread.

If you had, and if you do, you'll see that I'm very much conflicted about the direction Law Enforcement is taking, and how we as 'free Americans' should view it. I also tip my hat to the legitimate fears of Law Enforcement.

As with most controversial subjects, the truth lies somewhere in the middle - whether closer to one side or the other.

#17     Jun 6, 2008
  8. Thank you for your utterly irrelevant comment on this issue that you posted merely for the sake of argument.

Your troll behavior is not unexpected.

#18     Jun 6, 2008
  9. I did read your post.

I just disagree with you. "Tough call"? Please....

Did you bother to watch the video posted in the first post? It's about cops being armed with assault rifles because the criminals already are - in fact, the story says crimes with assault rifles are up 18% there since the assault weapon ban - and cops have died because they were no match for the criminal firepower.

Not a "tough call" at all.

#19     Jun 6, 2008
  10. Still having trouble handling the truth I see...

Weapons escalation doesn't work...

If it did, we would then give nukes to all countries as a deterrent...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutually_assured_destruction

#20     Jun 6, 2008