Cops get wrong address, kill family pet, take off.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by hughb, Nov 20, 2007.

1. hughb

hughb

Deputies Raid Wrong Address, Kill Couple's Dog posted 11:24 pm Mon November 19, 2007 - Accokeek, Md. from ABC 7 News - http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1107/474003.htmlAn Accokeek couple is demanding an apology after Prince George's County Sheriff's Deputies burst into their home and killed their dog - all because deputies went to the wrong address.

Pam and Frank Myers were tucked away in their home Friday night watching a movie when the warrant squad pounced.

"All of a sudden I hear, bang, bang, bang, 'Open the door, police, open the door,'" said Pam Myers.

For 45 minutes the Myers were kept prisoner in their own home.

"They wouldn't let me go to the bathroom which is like seven feet down the hall," said Frank Myers.

"it was terrifying. I can't sit on my couch at night any more. I'm looking over my shoulder the whole time," said Pam Myers.

The Myers say the deputies knew immediately they had raided the wrong home. They say it could have ended with an apology, until the couple heard two shots from the yard.

"And I said, 'You just shot my dog," said Pam Myers, through tears. "I just wanted to go out and hold her a bit. They wouldn't even let me go out."

The couple's five-year-old boxer Pearl was killed. The deputy says he feared for his life. They say the dog would bark but was no danger to the deputies.

ABC 7/NewsChannel 8's Brad Bell reports that a search of court records shows a warrant for a suspected drug dealer who lives two doors away at 14610 Livingston Road. The address is clearly displayed on that house.

"It's just not right that people have to worry about - police have their jobs to do, but the house is marked over there. All they had to do was go look," she said. "I want the sheriff to apologize to my family for killing their dog."

The Myers say they have received no apology. They say the deputies just left the scene, offering no explanation. Deputies didn't even acknowledge that they had killed the dog, according to the Myers.

The Sheriff's Department says it's investigating what went wrong.

Deputies did, incidently, arrest the man named in the warrant Monday morning on felony gun and drug charges. © 2007 WJLA-TVAll rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

2. that's what cops do man..

they CONTROL/SUBDUE any LIVING THING in thier purview,

ask questions later

next "gig"? :/

3. Doesn't surprise me. This happens all the time but is rarely publicized.

For example, a few weeks ago, a female cop shot a family dog when she was responding to a "disturbance of the peace" call. Apparently the dog was barking too much. So the story goes that the cop entered the backyard (without announcing her stupid ass at the front door) and shot the dog when he barked at her. Apparently she feared for her life and states that she was backed up against a fence and had nowhere to go. How about through the front fucking door next time.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/broward/sfl-1116dogshotweston,0,6569034.story

Another one happened about a year ago in front of my home. This one did not make it to the papers because the owners did not scream enough. At any rate, the neighbors called rescue because the owner's elderly mother was having medical problems. A lone ranger cop shows up blazing through the neighborhood streets (chock full of kids playing after school by the way) and stops next to the rescue truck. After a minute or two, the guy fires up his death machine and blows out of there, running over the family dog in the process. The dildo stops to see what he hit. Surely he believed he ran over a kid - which carries a stiff penalty of 2 weeks administrative leave with pay. To his relief it was only a dog. Obviously upset that the owner was calling him a stupid fuck, he yelled, "Lady, there's an emergency I need to get to" and peeled rubber. We never found out of he made it to the Dunkin Donuts in time for the "Get 'Em While Their Hot 2 for 1 Sale". But the next day, some representative from the county knocked on her door asking the owner to sign a report and asked the owner if she would like a nominal amount to cover the cost of the dog.

Point is, that if you are going to have a bunch of arrogant assholes running around with guns and tasers at least give them a basic comprehension test on a periodic basis to determine whether they have the prerequisite of having a functioning brain. And have them obey the fucking speed limit too, just like everyone else.

No offense to the 2 police officers in the US that use their brains. Oh and my nephew told me that he was considering becoming a state trooper a few weeks back. The back of his head still hurts....

4. Our country needs more Uncles like you. Thanks for taking action. :)

5. Interesting reading!

Seems like cops the world over come from the same idiot gene pool.

6. maxpi

maxpi

Get this.. I knew a guy, was a martial arts expert and 2 hitches in Vietnam, part time Fed Ex pilot WARRIOR.... ok, cops have wrong address, his wife notices something funny outside, he went out in the dark, subdued [banged out] all the guys and took the commander of the raid hostage. They got on the radio and demanded, and got, an apology... and he let them all go... and I doubt it ever hit any news, he would not want the spotlight...