- Copper Traders -

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Trendguy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Despite the rise in gold and silver, copper has been declining in price for over a month. However, the COT report shows that more commercial buying came into the copper market last week than at any time since the current copper rally began in March of 2009. A similar pattern happened with gold and silver in February at the short-term bottom and I ignored it. I vowed never to do that again.

I wonder if the smart money looked at the surging metals market and decided to buy copper on a dip rather than chasing gold or silver.

I have put in an order to buy JJC in the morning if it exceeds Friday's high. I have always been a little wary of investing in ETNs, but JJC tracks the copper chart very closely, so I will try it for a short-term trade.

My only concern is that copper tends to decline until the end of June on a seasonal basis, so the seasonal trend is still down. Therefore, I plan to keep a tight stop below the May 5, 2010 low and look to re-enter within the next 2 months if I get stopped out.

• hg.png
      File size:
      14.2 KB
      Views:
    #81     May 9, 2010