Copper - Tariff affect ?

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by syswizard, Jun 15, 2018.

1. treeman

treeman

Don’t know, other than to say there’s no such thing as perfect correlation in this game

#91     Sep 21, 2018
  2. treeman

treeman

Gold has been range bound, bit on the weekly chart it does look like a bottoming formation.. my buy stop is @1220.80. If it closes above that next week, it means momentum has shifted. At least in the short term.

#92     Sep 21, 2018
  3. I'm now skeptical of the Copper rally.....looks like a lot of short-covering to me.
    China's going to slow-down....that's the big problem.
    Demand will weaken as a result....and the US housing market is no longer booming either.
    This has all of the attributes of a "C" wave rally.
    Copper likely to bounce between 2.5 and 3.0 for a while.

#93     Sep 21, 2018
  4. treeman

treeman

I added a pyramid buy stop @2.8715.

My silver buy stop hit today. It would seem I'm loading up on the metals. Gold hasn't gotten the message.

#94     Sep 26, 2018
  5. treeman

treeman

This is not to say that there aren't some concerns in the metals. It's just short term they look solid. Momentum is still down over the time frames I like to trade. I could see copper down to 2.25 in six months, so I'm keeping a short/medium leash on it. Said another way - I'm starting to waffle as I'm entering too early on this, and may exit my metals positions soon. If I am to go long copper, above 3.00 is more certain.

#95     Sep 27, 2018
  6. treeman

treeman

In fact, I closed out all my metals positions this morning. I’m going to wait until the trend is clearly up. No need to call the bottom on these.

#96     Sep 27, 2018
  7. treeman

treeman

Bottom fishing - the most expensive sport in America.

#97     Sep 27, 2018
  8. The metals market has been crazy lately. Gold looking to go below 1150. The weak EEM effect has been prevalent.

#98     Sep 30, 2018
  9. themickey

themickey

10. treeman

treeman

Oitside of oil (which is in a def bull market), I’m taking a prove it to me approach. Not taking a position is a position. I made some good coin on the short end of copper and silver so far this year. Got taken by palladium a few times. Until they create a more definitive trend, I’m sitting it out (right now the trend is short for the metals, and long for the dollar)

#100     Sep 30, 2018