Copper Is the New Silver

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by Argent, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Argent

Argent

That's the bad news. The good news is that you can afford it at about a quarter US per troy ounce. You can buy a kilo bar for only twenty bucks! Extending to copper the revolutionary theory of Commodimetrics introduced here:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=225289

the attached chartalysis screams that copper is a buy today! But remember, it's even cheaper if you steal it!

2. Illum

Illum

Did you know..the copper they use in live wires is worth twice as much? Food for thought.

3. =============
    Argent;
    Well it is in a good uptrend, did well in 1987;
    but Parabolic stop & reverse[psar] says sell:D

So i mostly agree, it is an uptrend :cool: ;
    but its way too RISKY to steal, in TX they wil shoot /kill you like a dog for stealing!In many states shooing a thief @ night is perferctly acceptable.

In muslim nations they cut off your hand for thieves;
    so no, way to much of a ''PAYDAY someday'' for a copper thief.

4. Argent

Argent

Thanks for sharing urinalysis. My only interest in copper, other than as a lame-assed excuse to post garbage, is that in the coming hyperdeflation, the penny will be the new dollar, and if I have have a few keys in my safe I can become a rich banker. In which case I am thinking of minting 100% copper pennies by sawing off rings from copper tubing. The large hole in the middle will both pre-debase and prevent further debasement.

5. ==========
    Yes, the old copper derivative uptrend & cash copper uptrend.:cool: Investors & traders seem to prefer copper, or smaller banks ,smaller private banks,;
    rather than the old penny stocks like BAC, C:D