cop taser a speeder for not signing ticket!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Truth be told, if I was passenger in the vehicle and had access to a weapon while this was going down, that cop would have ate it. He is completely rogue. Zero effort to exercise any judgement whatsoever. Tasers are not a tool of convenience but a life-threatening weapon. He nonchalantly gambled with the driver's life 'cause he's too arrogant or lazy to do his job.

Tasers are are going to get more cops shot. End of story.

#11     Nov 27, 2007
  2. If he is, he'll go down on a review board recommendation. To proclaim you'd shoot a cop who brandishes a non lethal weapon is interesting.

#12     Nov 27, 2007
  3. There are many shades of lethal. A serious punch to the face can be lethal. A .32 shot to the face may simply be conversation.

Everybody on this board understands, or should understand, probabilities. Fact is this cop made an egregrious and unprovoked attack on this man - rolling the dice with his health and yes, his life.

The cop's actions were unpredictable and over the top. Especially if he approached me on the passenger side as he did that woman, I would certainly defend myself with all means.

#13     Nov 27, 2007
  4. wow tough guy, that would be the dumbest thing since the cop's cam has your license plate and you wouldn't get far before 200 cops are after you. you would die quick death at the hands of a swat team whose orders would be shoot first, ask later. they would just say that you threatened them, even if you didn't, just so they could kill you for shooting one of their own. and if you somehow survived the 30 bullets fired into your body, you'd eventually end up in the pen where you'd be raped 4 times a day.

cops arent that smart, but you're a notch below them.

#14     Nov 27, 2007
  5. Simple name calling. Welcome to my ignore list. Somehow I suspect you are already there under several other handles.

#15     Nov 27, 2007
  6. they love their toys, and he couldn't wait to use it :D

#16     Nov 27, 2007
  7. Excerpt from a BBC story today (see below). Certainly Tasers do find a place on the spectrum of LETHAL weapons.

"Police were called when he began throwing furniture and shouting.

He died shortly after being stunned at least twice with a Taser, seconds after police arrived.

A debate about the use of Tasers - promoted as a non-lethal alternative to guns - is ongoing in Canada after a series of incidents, including the death of an inmate at a Nova Scotia prison last week.

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation says more than 18 people have died after being stunned by a Taser in Canada since 2003."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7114519.stm

#17     Nov 27, 2007
  8. People don't die from Tasr's. there is not enough voltage to kill, although perhaps there are a few exceptions. The people die from drugs, fighting the inevitable, whatever.

Tasr's save police and suspect llives, and the idea you think it's ok to shoot a cop in any instance is perverted. The other fellow is right. You'd have more holes in you than the Royal Albert Hall.

#18     Nov 27, 2007
  9. #19     Nov 27, 2007
  10. 50 thousand volts into your heart? shite, my 10 cups coffee jolt every morn is worse :p

#20     Nov 27, 2007