Cooperman -- "So the condition that normally lead to a big decline are simply not present."

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Altavest_Erik, Oct 25, 2018.

1. The pricing structure in the market allows for a rise in rates. The condition that normally lead to a big decline... What are they? Recession. OK. There’s no signs of recession the economy if anything is too strong the economy is on fire. I was at a board meeting two weeks ago and the head of the Association made a comment that in 50 years of being in business he has never seen the economy as strong as it is today. https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10-18/leon-cooperman-whole-structure-market-broken

murray t turtle and Clubber Lang like this.
  2. mbondy

mbondy

Agree completely - this has been an exaggerated decline caused by absolutely nothing. It appears that most are just standing on the sides waiting for the slide to abate.

3. destriero

destriero

4. Good points. Looks like SEPT stock selloff came late this year. LOL.Even though OCT-APR tends to be bullish=+still bullish on small caps......
    And OCT is still full of sell price + sell volume, SPY. DOW theory says the market is still up thru NOV 1st, but trade more tech than DOW/DIA.Even though many tech stocks are known for being debt free, some have to get above 200 dma. I dont regret taking tech profits, in OCT, easy to get back in above 200dma.......:D:cool:

5. speedo

speedo

Markets don't trade on current conditions but on anticipated future conditions.

6. %%
    True Speedo; even though plenty of elephants use 200dma+SPY as current conditions. I see on internet Mr Cooperman's 3 year return is less than 4%. BUT his 10 year track record is much, much better,so like you say ''anticipated conditions''And NasdaQQQ emini=same as QQQ cash, below 200dma, which favors bear/bear market/bear volume.

I'm actually still bullish on small caps, even though bear$ have beat them down much more LOL..............................................................................................:D:D

7. speedo

speedo

Yeah Murray as we know, the little ones lead em and lead em down.

murray t turtle likes this.
  8. d08

d08

Blaming quant systems for the decline, this dinosaur is amazing. Basically he's sitting long in the market and telling everyone that "it's all great, no worries". Right, why wouldn't you trust him.

It's not like there's a pretty significant trade war brewing, nope, not significant at all. Pay no attention.

9. WHY?? Let me count the ways; [1]Rich Dennis said ''do your own research''And while I would not blame him for being long stocks in OCT, but i seldom if ever argue with [2] price below 200dma=QQQ, 2000dma= SPY. LOL, I could find plenty of Stock Traders Almanac reasons to buy , but i seldom argue with 200dma; but still bullish on small caps, which are below 200dma:cool::cool:

#10     Oct 25, 2018