Cool Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Good idea to be wasted but not absolutely essential.

Point Break. You don't like this, start thinking about getting that sex change operation.

Mad Max II, the Road Warrior. Incredible action in the car chases when you go frame by frame, you can't see some of the really wicked stuff at normal speed.

GlenGarry, as quoted above, is one of the best. Bunch of great actors standing around and saying, "Let's see you top this."

Hoosiers. Best sports movie ever. Your girlfriend will love it when she sees you crying.

Top Gun. Too bad Tom Cruise starred in it. Can you imagine it with a young Steve McQueen in that role?

Bullitt. Has any guy ever seen this movie and not wanted to be riding shotgun in the Mustang during the best car chase in movie history? I'd like to have a CD of the Mustang's exhaust note. Nasty mf'er. Hitmen had a very cool Hemi Charger. I've always doubted the small block Mustang could have actually caught that 426 hemi.

#41     Mar 9, 2004
  2. i have to disagree,

i think Cruise epitomizes those cocky arrogant kids better than McQueen ever could..

i know (knew) those kids.. and they walk with a COCKSURE STRUT!

Each & every one.

Cruise was perfect for the part.

:)

#42     Mar 9, 2004
  3. But did they go around smirking like a teenage girl?

#43     Mar 9, 2004
  4. One more. The original Terminator. I'll have to say they did a great job not trashing the franchise with the sequels, which are very entertaining, but the original was awesome.

#44     Mar 9, 2004
  5. each and every one thought they were god's gift to the world...

can you say ROOSTER!

(not a criticism but an observation)

maybe they are in a sense...

fighter pilots are few and far between

a diff breed

(i was not one of them btw)

:)

#45     Mar 9, 2004
  6. In no particular order:

Brazil
    American Psycho
    Thin Red Line
    Delicatessan
    Gattaca
    The Big Blue

#46     Mar 13, 2004
  7. nitro

nitro

Movies I have seen more than once. Hard to call it a "classic " otherwise. Everyone of these films did something no one else in film history had done before.:

Star Wars Episode IV
    The Hustler
    Alien
    Contact
    Total Recall
    The Matrix
    The Ten Commandments
    Citizen Kane
    Casablanca
    Wall Street
    The Shawshank Redemption
    BraveHeart
    Saving Private Ryan
    Ben Hur
    Gladiator
    Lethal Weapon IV [only for Jet Li's part]
    Das Boot [the original in German with subtitles]
    The Exorcist
    Amadeus
    Schindlers List

There are many that I am forgetting, but those come to mind immediately

nitro

#47     Mar 13, 2004
  8. I really liked

The Groundhog day

Also, very funny:

PCU

Im trying to think of less popular movies that were great.
    Oh,

Last Tango in Paris (weird........)

And watch some Bunuel Films. I know a video store in the city that has almost every "interesting" title

#48     Mar 13, 2004
  9. Holy sh*t

I just realized. This is where I can get an answer to a question that has been haunting me for a very long while!!!!

Ok, who seen this comedy?

It should be around 80s - early 90s made

Its about two americans (one skinny, one fat who plays the saxophone) who look like the identical twins of two Brazilian (or Colombian) really rich brothers. So they get hired as doubles for a Million bucks, while someone is trying to assassinate them (thinking its the rich brothers).

EXTREMELY funny movie. Do not know the title, nor the actors. Strike a tune with anyone?

#49     Mar 13, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Requiem For a Dream for those Darren Aronofsy fans out there. This movie is so well done it's sick.

Also, I just remembered a quirky funny 80's movie featuring a young Tom Hanks, "The Man With One Red Shoe".

#50     Mar 13, 2004