Cool Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Mar 7, 2004.

1. payback

#21     Mar 8, 2004
  2. Atlantic

Atlantic

jackie brown

#22     Mar 8, 2004
  3. :)

#23     Mar 8, 2004
  4. Blow Up
    The Knack (which seems strangely relevant to trading).
    The Obscure Object of Desire
    8 1/2
    Belle du Jour
    Discreet Charm of the Bourgeouis
    Yojimbo (the film that 'A Fistful of Dollars' shamelessly steals from)
    And Flash Gordon , I mean c'mon Its Flash Gordon :D

#24     Mar 8, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

I take it you don't trade for a living Longshot. "The most valuable commodity I know of is information. How to get it. How to use it...." You know the rest of it.

Actually Longshot, it takes about 3 seconds for me to post those quotes. Just go to the bible of movie information www.imdb.com
    and type in your movie. From there you just click on quotes then copy and paste. I would say the whole process takes me all of 10 seconds.

#25     Mar 8, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Now here's a good list. This is what I'm looking for. We all can name our favorite mainstream films, I'm looking for the hidden gems. The ones we don't know about. I have only seen one movie on this list. I must be missing something. I'll look into these. Good list StillTrading.

#26     Mar 8, 2004
  7. Thanks Mav. These are really some of my fav's. I did go to film school so my taste in films is a little out there, plus Im obsessed with Luis Bunuel as a filmaker, since I think hes the most under-rated. Heres to hoping the only film that you've already seen isnt Flash Gordon (which I do geniunely like :eek: ).

#27     Mar 8, 2004
  8. 8 1/2 was a masterpiece. Kurosawa is simply the man, everything he touched was gold imo... And if you have never read Cortazar's short story "Blow-Up" then you are doing yourself a great injustice! Nice List :)

#28     Mar 8, 2004
  9. #29     Mar 8, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, so here are a list of the movies I have mentioned so far.

True Romance
    Igby Goes Down
    The Tao of Steve
    Conspiracy
    The Spanish Prisoner

And I'm adding the Spanish film

Y Tu Mama Tambien

#30     Mar 8, 2004