Cooking Calendar Spreads

Discussion in 'Options' started by rocky_raccoon, Aug 29, 2012.

#31     Aug 31, 2012
  2. hedgeman

hedgeman

As I have already mentioned, I am here for the new trader. Any post I have made is for their benefit. Nobody showed me the ropes, everything I have learned is from the school of hard knocks, that means I have actually traded with real money and have traded most traditional stategies.

I have posted an example of a trade I like, you are too busy with 'flys' and 'arbs'. What good does terminology like that do for a newbie? Think about that. I am not going to trade other people's money.

I have not even looked at your link. I know its all about showboating your talents. I am not impressed. I am one of the real traders here, I don't trade onesies and twosies like you.

So I have a comment about a trade type, I should be listened to, even by guys like you. Fact is, calendars are a difficult trade. My post states this from the start and gives a way to trade it. I believe, actually I know a ratio set up is the way, its the safe way to trade it. But, I am not the know it all like you. But sure as I'm sitting here, I know my calendar spread is going to kick ass over anything you could come up with. Fuck it, enough with being modest.

#32     Aug 31, 2012
  3. And yet another trade we'll never see! Why so shy, Bro? lol, in reality all I would do is tear it apart. So best to keep your secret.

Always after your lucky charms! We know what calendars are, but thanks for bringing them up. We listened.

Now back to the topic at hand. Calendars and time flies.

#33     Aug 31, 2012
  4. hedgeman

hedgeman

My trades are proprietary if you must know. I have given plenty of hints on a key trade that has paid very well, however, Mr Atticus. I hope that is ok with you.

How many guys do you know that get to live in the tropics with their trading activity? I know, not many.

#34     Aug 31, 2012
  5. F*ck your "proprietary" scam. Exactly as expected. I see how the newbs are helped, by not seeing these proprietary trades. We can be thankful for that.

Philippines. Yeah, living in the 3rd World must be a dream come true. On ignore.

#35     Aug 31, 2012
  6. hedgeman

hedgeman

You're just not getting it, Mr Atticus. You don't know what is required to make money with such a difficult trade.

You would tear it up? My god, no!!! Please, I want to be in your wolf pack. Don't yell at me, plsssss Mr Atticus. Go back to what you believe is a winning calendar spread. Share that with all the other losing traders out there, there are many!

While you are doing that, I will thank my lucky charms (my favorite cereal, thank you Mr Atticus!) for giving me the houses' money to trade.

Now, go back and construct your losing calendar spread. I am just a dummy and will listen to whatever you write. PLS PLS PLS, help me!

#36     Aug 31, 2012
  7. hedgeman

hedgeman

This post shows your ignorance. Clueless and angry. Must be such a good life.

#37     Aug 31, 2012
  8. sle

sle

A statically-held calendar is a distributional trade, not unlike a butterfly. A delta-hedged calendar is a different trade, you are trading forward implied volatility against spot implied vs realized.

However, some people here started the trade assuming a static distributional trade and attempted to convert it to a volatility trade because they have lost money. If you are doing "adjustments" as a part of your delta-hedging process, in that case call it delta-hedging and do not (not that you specifically ever did) misrepresent that you can adjust it back to a gaining trade if it starts losing money.

PS. in an advanced world, you can trade vega dynamically too, e.g. if you have a diagonal on and find yourself long vega in a selloff, it's not a bad thing to take some money off the table.

PPS. what's the deal with testosterone in here?!! we are talking about pretty boring things...

#38     Aug 31, 2012
  9. i guess your talking about the guy that your arguing with in this thread.. you sure as fuck can't be talking about me.. i fucking out myself with my trades al the time... theres something psychologically fucked up about a person that wants to pick apart everything someone says but never outs themselves on there own mistakes.. no time in my life to listen to fuckers critisize me.. i do it enough to myself.. and besides people talking like that are definitly not trying to help anyone.. my speculation is that they do it because they are frustrated and they wana fuckign rag on anyone that appears successful... i don't really give a fuck who anyone is.. if they aren't nice to me.. i could careless about them.. plus i dish out alot of shit.. and i can sure as fuck take it.. haha i didn't join this forum to look for tool bags to break down.. ... the biggest tool bag i've seen on this site. is jack the hershey highway lover.. that guy is definitly a mental patient

#39     Aug 31, 2012
  10. Of course not (you). I smell shit when a newb comes on here and alludes to some proprietary BS that somehow abrogates theory. Vanilla strategy is pretty routine. The idea that there is some "proprietary" edge outside of price or vol prediction is a scam.

#40     Aug 31, 2012