Cooking Calendar Spreads

Discussion in 'Options' started by rocky_raccoon, Aug 29, 2012.

1. More productive than the, "I would take my bet over anything I have read hear so far." Who couldn't price an arb if his life depended on it.

Well it's certain that you stated absolutely NOTHING in those 200-300 odd words. Calendars are one of the riskiest bets. Based upon nothing more than your gibberish.

Here comes more "outside the box" thinking... you know, the stuff that abrogates pricing. Some super-sekrit adjustments from a guy that can't price a box.

Dude, cut the overt sales-pitch to the newbs. You are the newb.

Sorry if you take offense, but you're not the first to try, nor the most eloquent.

#21     Aug 31, 2012
    .sigma likes this.
  2. hedgeman

hedgeman

Yea thats righ, atticus. Where did you find that name?

You are clueless, you are not an actual trader and you have readers on this board that actually listen to what you write?

Here's a clue for the newbie. You want to lose? Listen to Atticus. You like winning? Listen to guys like me, who actually have a record and are not intimidated by the showboats. Traders that actually trade and can give perspective without the b/s and in English. You can learn from guys like me, Atticus.

Hey Atticus, I can call it a butterfly without calling it a 'fly'. Pretty cool huh? I'd love to see your P/L. LOL!!

Wait, did you call it an 'arb'?? How cool is that?? Wow!!

#22     Aug 31, 2012
  3. that sounds like a calender ratio of some sort.... the idea is to catch the vol increase in ATM's and OTM's and pay for it with DITM front month (the month expiring before earnings) that actualy makes sense..

#23     Aug 31, 2012
  4. I don't post the vague. I've posted thousands of trades on this site. Entries and exits and all at marketable prices. I posted my runs from IB (and others) hundreds of times. With time stamps on the runs, no photoshop BS.

I posted a run for the entire week last year, each day. $200k for the week.

Where are your runs? What record have you shown? All you've shown is a propensity for BS and the inability to pull it off.

#24     Aug 31, 2012
  5. i'll tell you my fucking run.. i'm down almost 500 bucks on a 5k account i opened with TOS... thats hemorrhaging cash... pissed about it... i'm not scared to say.. "i don't get this yet!" fuck impressing anyone

#25     Aug 31, 2012

6. Stock at $500

Short 450C in "front month"
    Long 2*500C in 1st reporting month
    Short 550C in 2nd reporting month

You're unable to make the front month within 30-days, as the dates won't be equidistant. Short the time fly into the present-Q earnings release.

#26     Aug 31, 2012
  7. The guy's got 45 post of gibberish implying that he's got some edge and not a trade posted to his name. If he's going to talk about PNL then the buck stops with him.

#27     Aug 31, 2012

8. Have you ever posted any *trade* with an entry price and time to this site? Even a single instance?

#28     Aug 31, 2012
  9. hedgeman

hedgeman

Still?? You can't be serious? You think that by posting my trades that its going to make me really cool like you??

How about turning 125k to 421k since June '11? Hey I'm up $222,490 this year as of now! Shit, I'm down $887 today. What to do Mr Atticus? This is MY money. You think I am posting gibberish? Wait, you want me to now post my trades?

Any post I have made is not for me, its for the new trader. I have been trading since '95. Started with commodity futures, then options on commodity futures then stocks the options on stocks then options on indexes.

Point is, I'm here to impress NO ONE, not even you, Mr. Atticus. But, instead, I can destoy the garbage you pollute this site with, and offer alternatives. Yes, you cannot bullshit me, Atticus. I have nothing to sell. So even if you call it a 'fly' and I call it a butterfly, I'm still pretty cool, too.

#29     Aug 31, 2012
  10. Then offer alternatives. I post marketable trades. I try to help where I can. I call out unmitigated BS when I see it. You're correct about one thing; we won't lose anything listening to you as you've yet to post an actual marketable trade.

Prove it. And what alternatives? We've yet to see a trade from you. I authored this thread purely conceptually (not to produce specific trades) and all (but one IIRC) worked. I actually traded the positions to put some skin in the game (thread) as I don't trade many pitchforks anymore.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=244704&highlight=pitchfork

Where are your trades? Have you ever posted a trade at a price on this site?

#30     Aug 31, 2012