Conyers: why bother to read bill?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bugscoe, Jul 27, 2009.

1. July 27, 2009
    Conyers: why bother to read bill?
    Sara Goss

"The Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee questions why lawmakers should bother to read the Health Care Bill. Nicholas Ballasy, a video reporter from CNSNews.com published this video of House Judiciary Committee Chairman (D-Mich) John Conyers questioning the point of lawmakers reading the health care bill:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACbwND52rrw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ACbwND52rrw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here's my question to Congressman Conyers: if it is so complicated that it requires two days and two lawyers to figure it out, should you be voting on it in the first place? Is it not your elected responsibility to vote in accordance with your membership? If you don't know what you're voting on, then how can you vote accordingly? Let me guess: Nancy Pelosi promised you that it was a good bill and you should just shut up and vote for it.

This is appalling. Would you sign a contract without reading it? Then why are the members of congress voting for legislation without reading it?"

2. They never read the Iraq resolution, the "stimulus", cap and trade and now the stimulus.

What exactly do these people do anyways?

3. Eight

Eight

I don't know but I'm going to run for office. What a job, just show up and vote "whatever".. they should have yea, nay, and whatever maybe...

4. Illum

Illum

Wow, what a lazy ahole

5. Barry liked to say "Present".

6. Conyers is a moron who should be tossed from commitee chairmanship. He said the same crap on camera in Fahrenheit 911 on the issue of patriot act.

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Sell influence, buy votes and campaign for re-election.

Probably just practicing for when he would be President.