Convincing Atheist

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dattaswami, Jun 9, 2006.

1. I am not an atheist, however proving the existence of the feeling that most people associate with love is relatively trivial. Just hook someone up to a person to an EEG, and take several blood sample from them, while brining them in proximity with the object of their affection.

Do this for a few hundred people and statistically correlate the results. If you find that certain waves and hormone levels are typically modified during the experiment, then you will have reasonable proof of the electrochemical reactions that most people associate with love.

Love itself, however, is an abstract notion. It cannot be measured until it is defined. Without that precise definition, no measuring experiment can be conducted to prove or disprove what love "is."

Saying that you believe in love brings you no closer to knowing love, anymore than saying that you believe in God brings you any closer to knowing God.

You are entitled to your faith. But, you can't prove that either love or God exists by way of that faith.

#41     Jun 11, 2006
  2. kjkent1:

God is unimaginable, ncomprehendable and beyond logic. The creation is the imagination of the Lord. 1%(qualitatively) of His imagination was converted into 'pure awareness' and does not contain God and 100% of this pureawarness has become the universe. Thus God does not exist in the creation. The creator is above creation and is unaffected by it.

The aim of the creation was the entertainment of Lord. God enters the creation through the finest item of the creation, i.e. human being. He enters the human body for giving His presence to the world. By doing so, He is not modified into that human body or soul. He is then known as 'Human Incarnation". He gives the facility of touch, talk and seeing to His dearest devotees who really wished to serve Him. Only His devotees identify Him rest all will mock Him seeing His human body.

The identification mark of Lord in Human form is the 'True Divine Knowledge', which removes our ignorance without any trace. He also does miracles whenever there is an urgency, and not for 'crowd pulling' or 'show'. He Himself is the founder of the rules of nature. By doing miracles He is violating His own rules, it is a violation of His own administration, thus He performs miracles whenever there is a great necessity. He should be identified by His divine knowledge.

God comes in every human generation in human form for the upliftment of Souls.

#42     Jun 11, 2006
  3. Yes I knew that man.He convinced me there was no deity so I killed him for kicks.

#43     Jun 11, 2006
  4. dattaswami,

You persist in the same error and yet it is not error at all. First, you state that God is unimaginable, noncomprehensible and beyond logic, and then you follow by explaining about what God "is."

If God is God, he could be both unimaginable, noncomprehensibe, and beyond logic, while simultaneously being imaginable, comprehensible, and absolutely logical. And, God could also be every possible, and impossible state in between.

God is definitionally limitless and therefore not subject to any possible understanding. Example -- I could write:

1. God is love.
    2. God love is.
    3. Is God love.
    4. Is Love God.
    5. Love is God.
    6. Love God is.
    7. _________.
    8. Legs o void.
    9. deG iL oosv.
    10. vso oL iGed.

Or, I could write nothing at all, and no matter my choice, or whether I left out, repeated misspelled, or rendered complete gibberish, I would be both correct and incorrect in every statement.

You are free (or not free, lol) to believe whatever you will. But, your belief is no more true nor false than anyone else's no matter your choice...

...that is, if God, is God.

#44     Jun 11, 2006
  5. balda

balda

This one is very simple.

Human brain controls different chemical balance. based on attraction to: opposite sex, same sex, parents, kids.

Same as an eyesight

Human eyes convert what they see into different chemicals. Some people have chemical imbalance and they see same things in different colors compared to normal eye.

another example:
    just because someone like me doesn't believe in god makes you MAD based on other chemicals produced by your brain.

I am not trying to prove either god exists or doesn't exist. All I am saying is I do not believe in it.

#45     Jun 11, 2006
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

I didn't state your moronness because of the logical statement of your question. I thought you were refering to my analogy, which was perfectly sound and valid.

But you are right, in this regard, IQ has nothing to do with beliefs, sadly.

Here is my take on intelligent people being believers. If one says: " I know that there isn't much scientific evidence for my beliefs, but my religion comforts me, makes me happy and helps me through life, thus I choose to believe in it."

I wouldn't have a problem with such an approach. But very few theists dare to say such a thing....

#46     Jun 13, 2006
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

Exactly. Chocolate has the same chemicals in it that was measured high in the brains of people in love.

http://www.chocolate.org/

"chocolate's key ingredient is its phenylethylamine (PEA) "love-chemical"

Thus it is not an accident that we associate chocolate with love...

P.S.: Bad theists example, as usual...

#47     Jun 13, 2006