converting price data to sound or charts to sounds

Discussion in 'App Development' started by bladerunner2049, May 28, 2017.

1. Did this for ES almost 20 years ago using IB and excel

old news. beep beep. boop.

#11     Jul 31, 2017
    InvBox likes this.
  2. jonahern

jonahern

I'm interested in figuring out how to program something similar

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
    #12     Nov 8, 2018
  3. jonahern

jonahern

#13     Nov 13, 2018
  4. jonahern

jonahern

have a spreadsheet you can share?

#14     Nov 13, 2018
  5. jonahern

jonahern

Thanks Spectre....I’ve seen this and a few others out there. I have yet to take these basic instructions and build a more complex spreadsheet. I tried this specific example to beep when for example, last size > 1000 on a set of streaming quotes and the results were hit or miss.

#16     Nov 18, 2018
  6. userque

userque

Try immediately surrounding (before, after, or both) your sound generating statement with:
    Code:
    Application.Wait (Now + TimeValue("0:00:01"))

and/or
    Code:
    DoEvents

If a one-second delay is too long (re: the timevalue delay function above), only use doevents.

You may also loop the doevents (or use multiple statements) to increase the delay in small increments.

#17     Nov 18, 2018
  7. jonahern

jonahern

Thanks for the input! I’ll try “DoEvents” and see if that does what I want. Def want sub 1 second... I am currently trying to monitor multiple streaming time and sales and play sounds based on “last size.”

#18     Nov 20, 2018
  8. userque

userque

Also try application.wait for sh*ts and giggles ... and for proof of concept. You can remove it later. Doing that may give you some idea of how many doevents you might need.

FYI ... had the same problem. Seems VBA ran "so fast" on my puter that the sound was never generated ... until I slowed it down.

I have four beeps statements, each followed by a one-second delay AND a doevents to signal the end of a program. I usually only hear the last three. Sometimes I hear half of the first beep.

Keep us posted!

EDIT:

I've never tried it, but it looks like application.wait also works for delays of less than one second.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions...me-delay-of-less-than-one-second-in-excel-vba

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    #19     Nov 20, 2018
  9. jonahern

jonahern

Thanks, userque! Would have never thought about it going too fast being an issue

#20     Nov 20, 2018