Control up to four computers from a single mouse and keyboard

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by smile, Oct 16, 2015.

1. smile

smile

Mouse without Borders

Anybody using this?

"Mouse without Borders is a product that makes you the captain of your computer fleet by allowing you to control up to four computers from a single mouse and keyboard. This means that with Mouse without Borders you can copy text or drag and drop files across computers."

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35460

http://download.cnet.com/Mouse-without-Borders/3000-2072_4-75788880.html

I think it can be used with either wifi or ethernet.
    It just has to be downloaded to all devices.

ras72 likes this.
  2. Why would anyone need that?

You can run up to 64 monitors from one computer on W7.

3. rb7

rb7

I do use it. Works like a charm. I have 1 computer with 3 screens that I use for trading and 1 computer with 1 screen for development.

4. For safety, against viruses.
    I have two computers: one only for trading and one for internet, email, experimenting.... They are not in a network and not connected in any way. With a push on a button I switch from one to another computer, using the same keyboard, mouse and screens. Saves a lot of space.
    Costed about $25.

5. Turveyd

Turveyd

You can buy the switch, but I prefer the software driven, but ofcourse they have to be networked to do so.

1 PC dies, 3 still function, carry on trading as long as the 1 of the other 3 support the 1 that died.

Tried a switch a long long long time back, nasty horrible box, sure they've made better 1's since though!

6. I don't want them to be in a network. There should be no connection at all between them.

If 1 pc dies I taken a new SSD, put the backup image on it and continue. Takes at together less than one hour. The only problem I had in past was a power supplie that stopped working.

My switch works without any problems. It is an electronical switch, not a mechanical one (they were horrible).

7. Turveyd

Turveyd

It was the mechanical 1 in a beige box I used to use, yep horrible, as I said things have likely improved.

Although the charts are on my left screen when I'm at home, I trade away most of the time, 2 tablets and a large screen phone, never have just 1 on me, so all fine.

That and a SL 99% of the time

8. I run VMs (virtual machines) on an i7 built with extra RAM. VMs are actually safer than having separate machines since they can be hidden from the network they're on. There are viruses that can infect multiple machines by spreading on a LAN. VMs can be configured to be invisible from the outside but can still access the network.

9. I have never seen or heard about anything like this, only time it was really done, I mean something like that in something like for example TeamViewer jobs for any solutions. But it was to one computer where you own it. Was very interesting to read replies there for that deal.