Contra's FX Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by contra, Jul 24, 2012.

1. I'm about that close, I have been here a few times before, and when I hit it I am going to get flat, take a shower, go to the store and feel what it feels like to be human again.

#51     Aug 8, 2012
  2. contra

contra

well, for what its worth I doubt anything crazy is going to happen ahead of data tonight in asia so, the hell with it, go to the store, be human!

I just went out to get some fresh air before.

#52     Aug 8, 2012
  3. they still have it out there?

#53     Aug 8, 2012
  4. yeah well, I'm flat, Hit a new high, but didn't hit my target, sort of depressing, go ahead and get long AUD, no skin off my nose, I'll look for another place to get in. I really don't see the difference between being in and being out. It's miserable either way. But, I must say, It beats working for a living.

#54     Aug 8, 2012
  5. contra

contra

lol yea well, a bit fresher then in the house... I have the ocean and some trees out there, so... i guess fresh enough.

you're flat everything now?

I'm hearing some strong names on the bid in euro.

Good idea getting flat before tonights stuff... you can always hop back in but there are risk for higher AUD before a drop I think.

#55     Aug 8, 2012
  6. ah the ocean? That would be about where? Yes, I'm totally flat

#56     Aug 8, 2012
  7. contra

contra

long island.

I'm flat also... just waiting on that data later see what I can grab. China data... it's always a bit shady to me.

#57     Aug 8, 2012
  8. ah yes, that's one crazy highway they got running up through there, I think I'll wait and see what you do with the Euro

#58     Aug 8, 2012
  9. contra

contra

Ok sounds good. This is a hard call for me, I don't think we'll go far either way into this weekly close. I'd go for a shot at 2450/60's later if China data is good. May have to wait for Europe though. If you rather short, wait until that is hit and global indices turn red, they do look vulnerable up here.

Bad... target 2300. i see atleast a shot above 2400 though either way watch that swing high on draghi @ 2405

we're closing right on the 50 fib from the last swing high on dailies.

I'll do some more research later and see whats doing the rounds. I need a nap this is just off the top right now.

atticus... good call on this week.

#59     Aug 8, 2012
  10. contra

contra

I like a long aussie better perhaps... I know you don't want to long aussie though lol.

0630's

#60     Aug 8, 2012