Contra's FX Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by contra, Jul 24, 2012.

1. contra

contra

I have been trading FX for a few years now. I'd like to start a journal, mostly for feedback hoping there are more professionals here then at some other forums that trade more then FX.

I don't know how I will do with this, but we'll give it a shot. I'll try to get a few trades a week in.

2. contra

contra

So I try and trade swings and the occasional intraday punt.

I am not a pro trader, and I am trying to improve. I'd like to eventually get into FX exotic options and equities when/If I get the bread.

I'll discuss my trades as they setup up. I'll have an entry and stop and somewhat of a target but that's the most discretionary aspect.

Identifying a good opportunity and managing risk is the main priority.

3. contra

contra

lol quick stupid trade for stops into asia open. euro will probably fade from here.

4. contra

contra

Mixed crap on ECB and Draghi.

Just heard this:

BBG *CHINA PREPARED TO SPEND 100B YUAN TO SUPPORT STOCKS: STANDARD

?? That seems risk positive.

Looking forward to China data this week...

5. contra

contra

going into europe, I am seeing some negative articals from the Tele and FT on eurozone breakup... sentiment may turn a bit sour, looks like the fade was a good play, we'll see.

us futures ticking down a bit now.

6. contra

contra

most likely going for 0600+ on AUD/USD aussie again tonight.

will also be watching CHF/JPY later.

EUR/USD showing signs of some selling up here. Any rally should be met with SNB selling EUR/USD on diversification.

7. Ominous portent of China data.

8. contra

contra

Agreed. I think this may be the most important data of the week?

China markets performed quite well last night, all of asia actually.

9. contra

contra

I am hearing that the market is still pricing in more easing in 2012? They must mean Aussie bond markets.

Risk is for a less dovish statement, as expectations are strong for no change on recent upbeat comments from RBA Stevens.

That should take 0600, but I would expect some serious profit taking above 0620 or so.

People looking to fade a freight train maybe 0636/66.

10. contra

contra

ps - i love 4hr charts for FX.

#10     Aug 6, 2012