Contradicting TA

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Nutinsider, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Too bad, I was just beginning to enjoy the discussions

#21     Oct 2, 2012
  2. Handle123

Handle123

I don't use candles per se in intraday or daily/weekly unless it is used as in special situation pattern trading. I am not saying they don't work, but when I started trading, only used bars for a number of years before they came out, so I am more use to just regular bar charts and the patterns they make.

AAPL looked very toppy on highs slightly over 700.00 as volume was less than previous highs, MACD or TSI were showing a slowing down on both weekly/daily charts, plus a Doji at the highs per the weekly, I view it as it should go lower.

#22     Oct 2, 2012
  3. A Doji is a candle.

#23     Oct 2, 2012
  4. kut2k2

kut2k2

Any indicator that gives me a buy signal at one time and a sell signal the very next time step is worthless IMO. I never saw the value in using candles for myself but I'm in no position to say they don't have value to somebody else. I just ignore any indicators that ever whipsaw me. My only other universal rule on indicators is:

If your indicator needs confirmation, then you need a better indicator.

As always, YMMV.

#24     Oct 2, 2012
  5. wrbtrader

wrbtrader

He's not using Japanese Candlesticks correctly. Therefore, there lays the reason for him thinking there's a contradiction, Simply, its not being used correctly...they will be (are) confusing and useless.

#25     Oct 2, 2012
  6. Thanks for all the responses, I just put in a trade (I'm still doing paper money) and I will let ya'll know how it works out!

#26     Oct 2, 2012
  7. Kurgan

Kurgan

Is the soviet high school circuitry applicable?45 min class;10 min break after the first class;next 45 min,etc?Do you know why 45 min was chosen for a class,btw?:D

#27     Oct 5, 2012
  8. Yes.

Poorly constructed question No answer for you.

Yes.

I was a black operative out of Kent during holidays. Speak Russian, please.

#28     Oct 5, 2012
  9. Kurgan

Kurgan

No need for the capital 'R' in the word ''Russian'' in the middle of the sentence,when it means ''language''.

I agree,poorly constructed.I meant to say,why not take a 10 min break after each 45 min trading segment.But you were talking about bots. Do bots need a break,btw?:confused:

#29     Oct 5, 2012
  10. you will fill over 100 3-ring binders with such pages before you give up trading forever.

If you drew a volume bar, then you are taking the first step towards becoming an expert.

I gave up on you for drawing price bars. You simple were not up to the task.

I made this task simpler and less complicated since your mind could not process my first task.

A volume bar signals an event or hold unless it is surpressed.

I have told you there is no noise, no anomalies and no flaws in how the market shows you it works. since none of these things exist, then do not think about them. do not talk about them and do not read about them.

Now you mind is empty and still avaialbe to be built with facts (knowledge) skills, and experience. this is not true for the detractors, clowns, etc... They are permanently and totally fucked for the rest of their lives. It is wonderful for all of us others. They come to trading, they learn failure repeatedly and they leave empty handed. No soup for them.

Go back to my first comment and take out a sheet of paper.

#30     Oct 5, 2012