Continually need to relog on TWS...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TraDaToR, Feb 3, 2012.

1. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Nope. Always the same. I upgraded Java as well when I was trying to fix it. Error messages from TWS or windows? TWS as a whole is not frozen when it happens. The chart just doesn't come. I can still use some other features.

I tried to fix it with IB but after trying some things that didn't work, they just told me they were sorry " but TWS is not really designed to chart more than 5 instruments at once."

#21     Feb 27, 2012
  2. I only use a few charts in TWS for symbols that I can't get with my main charting software, so what I do when the chart doesn't display any bars may not be related to your situation. When you say "The chart just doesn't come" I take it you mean it's blank.
    What I do is change the interval back and forth. For example if I have a 1 Day chart set to 1 Minute but it comes up blank, I change the interval to 2 Minutes and it always displays the 2 Minute bars. Then I change it back to 1 Minute and 9 times out of 10 the 1 Minute bars display properly.

#22     Feb 27, 2012
  3. TraDaTor fwiw I have 9 IB charts up and running (on 6 symbols) and 4 more hidden, and really no problems as far as charts loading. Overall TWS takes forever to load (web version), but once it's up I'm usually good to go. PC is a 6 yr. old 2.4GHz Dell XPS with 2 GB ram.

#23     Feb 27, 2012
  4. easymon1

easymon1

TraDaToR, could it be your internet connection?

#24     Feb 28, 2012
  5. easymon1

easymon1

TraDaToR, is streaming content running on the same connection as your IB-TWS?

#25     Feb 29, 2012
  6. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

Just saw there have been some additional replies.

I tried to change intervals back and forth. Most of the time, it freezes when I try to see 1min bars of for example, 15 instruments after looking at daily charts. If I try to come back to daily intervals, it remains frozen I think. Sometimes, the chart may pop-up after an incredible loading time like 5 minutes or so.

I think that in fact the problem is only with 10 + instruments charts. I think I can also run multiple charts of 6 instruments. I have the impression that it would still freeze but after hours of heavy use( just an impression ).

How can it be my connection? I run tenths of order books and T§S daily on CTS and I think they use a lot more ressources than TWS charts. No streaming on computer.

#26     Mar 9, 2012