Continually need to relog on TWS...

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TraDaToR, Feb 3, 2012.

1. easymon1

easymon1

What is the % CPU usage during the problem?

#11     Feb 6, 2012
  2. and Ram, hence asking about taskmanager

#12     Feb 6, 2012
  3. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I did a few tests. CPU usage peaked at 50% a few times on the 3rd screen of the "performance" window, but not when it froze, just on the preceding attempts when the charts ended up being displayed after a long load. RAM is a flat line at 1.4 Go

#13     Feb 6, 2012
  4. sounds like bummer charts then unless some IB chart users come to the rescue. I think you better not hold your breath for that :)

You have good charts already so why use IB's charts?

#14     Feb 6, 2012
  5. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

CTS only display 2 contracts per chart. These IB charts are really fine for what I want to do, the only problem is the freezing.

#15     Feb 6, 2012
  6. try a free trial with Sierra Charts. Sounds like the basic will meet your needs and you'll not have problems

#16     Feb 6, 2012
  7. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I wonder if it doesn't have to do with the 100 Tickers limit on IB too. I don't think so as 100 is the limit for simultaneous load, but I am not sure.

It seems I can load as many 5 instruments charts as I want, but when I try to load one 20 instruments chart on 5 min frame, it freezes...

#17     Feb 6, 2012
  8. TraDaToR

TraDaToR

I tried with my laptop ( 4Go RAM ). Same Problem.:(

#18     Feb 6, 2012
  9. easymon1

easymon1

Has the problem been resolved?

#19     Feb 27, 2012
  10. Are you running the latest java release? When I upgraded mine all hell broke loose. Are you noticing any error messages ever?

#20     Feb 27, 2012