Contest - who can spot the seller leaving?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by axeman, Apr 16, 2004.

1. Yea, I was trained never to put 10c or more on a ticket. Instead, Secondary offerings were a great way to pay the broker. Especially if you had a good call into Syndicate and an offshore account ;).

#11     Apr 18, 2004
  2. Capice, mio amico.

#12     Apr 18, 2004
  3. I assume you work for a prop firm with special deal

to get that rate ?

#13     Apr 18, 2004
  4. No, I own the firm (ihedge fund and prop. firm) and it is for black-box trading of more than 5 million shares per day. The deal is part of a much larger one encompassing a lot of bells and whistles. Nonetheless, deals close to this rate are available and will be more so in the near future. I have it on good source! :)

#14     Apr 18, 2004
  5. so as a retail trader ... who is not doing a million shares a month

I should be happy to pay 1/2 - 1 cent a share ?:p

#15     Apr 18, 2004
  6. I think that is a pretty standard deal nowdays. Probably depends on factors other than the commission rate such as stability of platform, quality of reporting, etc. etc. It wasn't so long ago that 'retail' was paying 1-4% of the stock purchase price to a full-service broker! I wonder how any of those guys still survive. Anyway, I think your deal is fair without knowing any further specifics. Best, Neal.

#16     Apr 18, 2004
  7. now I remember who you are

lets hope for some volatility next week and month

but within reason ... when things get to nutty

I try to stand aside .... unless in a position

:)

#17     Apr 18, 2004
  8. 50_luma

50_luma

Here's my trade on NOK, some account info is edited. The profit was tiny, but check out NOK chart for the timing.

Clearance Activity Details
    GEN0G** *** Asset Management LLC 4/16/2004
    OrderID: JYS-00167
    T.NO TradeTime Symbol Buy/Sell Quantity Price ECN Surcharges MessageArea
    1 10:03:56 NOK Buy 500 14.31 NYSE 0.00
    Total: 500 0.00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © *** Financial Group., All rights reserved

#18     Apr 18, 2004
  9. 50_Luma, you have crystal ball so it's not fair to include you in the contest. This contest is just for us mere mortals not superhumans such as yourself! :) Neal.

#19     Apr 18, 2004