Contemplating a career change plz help

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by will5768, Feb 26, 2008.

1. will5768

will5768

I am hoping that you might be able to give me some good advice. I would like to start off by telling you a little about myself. I am currently 23 years old and have been working in public accounting for about 1 year for one of the big 4 accounting firms. I have my MBA and soon to have my CPA but am feeling disatisfied with my work. I have always had an interest with the stock market from a young age and lately have been putting alot more time into it. Although with the 12 hour days I work it is hard to put alot of time into it. Working 12 hour days wouldnt bother me if I enjoyed what I was doing. I have started to spend alot of time thinking about a possible career switch and am in the beginning stages of research into this. I have a friend who works for a prop firm in Chicago (Great Point Capital/Tower Hill Trading) who loves his job. We have similar interests and he is constantly telling me that I would love the job and the action,excitement, challenges, and stress that comes with it. I am going to make a trip to Chicago in a month to go to his trading firm and watch him for a day or 2. I have read alot of negative comments about where he works in forums but I dont really know what to expect starting out at a prop firm as far as compensation. I will be a new trader that does not have enough capital to start on my own so I am looking for advice. What I am hoping you can help me with is give me some insight or areas to think about before I would take a career change like this. Any advice or knowledge into this subject would be greatly appreciated. Also I was wondering if you recommended any books on Day-Trading just to get some must-know knowledge. I also was wondering if Indianapolis Indiana has any prop firms...I'm yet to find any. Please let me know if you know of any ....I am also open to moving to Chicago and would appreciate any good recomendations of reputable prop firms in Chicago that I could look into. Thanks in advance for all your help!!

2. will5768

will5768

Can anyone give some advice or help it would be greatly appreciated.