Consumer semi stocks are ripe to short

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by hajimow, Dec 28, 2012.

1. hajimow

hajimow

Consumer sentiment is dropping and with fiscal uncertainty (no matter we get a temp deal or not), should affect consumer semiconductor sector sales in the near future. Networking semi stocks might still do a little better like Altera and Xilinx. I expect the following stocks to underperform the market in january:
    ADI, TXN, LLTC, INTC, AMD, NVDA, ...
    If you want to short the ETF, you can do it by shorting SMH.
    My highest convitcion stock to short in this sector is ADI.

2. hajimow

hajimow

Time: 10:10 Monday 12/31/12

Market is rallying and SMH shows strong weakness. I am adding to my ADI short.

3. hajimow

hajimow

Keep puching. I still believe SMH and specifically consumer semi will go lower. Check out SMH and ADI today.

4. hajimow

hajimow

I expect ADI to drop more today. Current price is 42.43 (Time 10:04). It has alreadydropped 0.58%). Lots of room to go down. Can easily go to $39 in a couple of weeks.

5. hajimow

hajimow

Good morning. It is Wednesday 9:46 AM.
    SMH is up 0.88% and ADI just dipped below $42 (down 0.5%). Target is $39 in a month.

6. hajimow

hajimow

7. hajimow

hajimow

Yesterday TXN also had a lackluster result and the shares dropped AH. As I said networking semi stocks are still doing relatively good such as ALTR, CSCO, IBM, XLNX.

ADI will report on Mid Feb. I predict another lackluster result based on their last Q outlook for this quarter.