Consumer Reports rejects Iphone...major recall...what will happen to aapl?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by retaildaytrader, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Manufacturing defect, already fixed, free exchange for anybody who wants one, entire issue forgotten by next Friday.

2. They should just release iPhone 5 (sans antenna issue) sooner or something, and give the old 4 users a little discount. Everytime I turn around they're peddling something new that I don't care about.

3. Perception is everything.

I personally think Apple is making a similar mistake as Intel did in 1994 with their pentium flaw, which only affected a university professor. Bad press.

Just come up with a fashionable "so Apple" plastic collar to wrap around the case of iphone 4. $0.50 or less to produce. Give them away!

4. S2007S

S2007S

Nothing is going to happen, the stock will continue to rise while apple sells millions of iPhones, do you actually think this news going to stop the apple lemmings from buying the iPhone, ha not a chance, they don't care about the iPhone 4 problems, as long as they have thd newest apple product they are happy. Millions of iPhone 4s will be sold into the end of 2010.

5. DROID X > iPhone

DROID X shipping today. Pre-orders sold out. DROID X has 4.3" display, 720P video quality/capture, 8MP camera, and comes with an HDMI port so you can plug it into any bluray or HDTV or HD type devices for media content streaming.

Sorry but I will take the HDMI port over the piece of duck tape.

6. jetbird

jetbird

This is a huge PR problem from them. They are the "Toyota" of electronics. Out of the gate people expect a trouble free product. They need to retain this image. To save face they need to replace the phones free of charge.