Consumer Credit – Worse Than You Think

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Banjo, May 12, 2012.

1. Banjo

Banjo

"Personally, I think the new normal has to do with the technological displacement of the low skill jobs." No math/science will generally be a governor on the available horsepower in your life unless your one of the few that can sell horse shit at a racetrack.

#31     May 13, 2012
  2. TGregg

TGregg

Not for long. Make no mistake, our Brave New World is one of shared misery. You can bet the ripe sucks who are foolish enough to actually work for a living will be ponying up to pay Nose Ring's debt.

#32     May 13, 2012
  3. the pathetic thing is you don't even realize how elitist your ignorant comment is. You couldn't ever accomplish a small feat, so you think anyone born to a lower station in life also couldn't perform a small feat.

If that's the way you think, then everything you have to show for yourself is the result of privileged breeding and family money. You couldn't make it on your own, and you have no idea what small feats a determined man can achieve.

#33     May 13, 2012
  4. sle

sle

How is it elitist? I am merely presenting the math and if you can argue against it factually, please feel free. The only arguments I see are that either the rate of return could be higher or that it's easy to set aside 400 bucks a month when your total take-home is 2-3k.

PS. the data on median earnings with and without college degree can be found here: http://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=77

#34     May 13, 2012
  5. ok, good reply, I'll let you go on that one, but I have your number, I'll get you one of these days

#35     May 13, 2012
  6. That doesn't include the self employed or business owners right? The ones who make the real money.

It would be interesting to see stats on business owners income. Those who went to college vs those who didn't. I'd bet they would probably still be higher with college but it would be interesting to see.

#36     May 13, 2012
  7. morganist

morganist Guest

I think there is a dislocation in peoples thinking on the wealth divide. There is a view it will continue that a small percentage of people can recieve high income. The problem is debt will default on mass soon and money won't be worth anything. This is the problem people seem to be missing. They have become so obsessed with becoming the one percent that they have not appreciated that the one percent is not sustainable any more. If the problems in the banking sector continue you can forget the one percent having the money. The whole system will collapse. It is that serious.

Anyway nice discussion but in the long term pointless.

#37     May 13, 2012
  8. Banjo

Banjo

9. Banjo

Banjo

#39     May 14, 2012