Consumer Confidence This Summer

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Point Man, May 7, 2003.

1. This summer, now that the war is over, CONSUMER CONFIDENCE will return. That is a beautiful thing. We will not have to worry about terrorism, because all terrorists will surrender. In cities like Denver, London, Tel Aviv and Seattle, terrorists will just walk into the police station and say, “here I am…Been planning on killing you and maybe even myself, but I have changed my mind.”

This summer, now that the war is over, US consumers will start spending again. How will they be able to afford this? They just received a new credit card from Discover with a $2,000 limit. Let us go into debt a bit further. If I lose my job and cannot afford to pay my mortgage and my home equity line of credit, I can always sell my house to pay my debt.

This summer now that the war is over, we will not have to worry about SARS. The disease has been contained and a vaccine should be available before SARS reaches our borders.

This summer now that the war is over, we will not have to worry about West Nile Virus. The entire mosquito population was killed last year. And what the hell, if a few mosquito’s made it through the winter, West Nile Virus only kills older people. Why should we worry? We do not know any older people.

In conclusion, this summer, when the war is over, we will not have to worry about Hussein I, II or III, Bin Laden, Arafat, Sharon, Kim Jong-il, Bush, Blair, Putin, Chirac, Schroeder, Al-Qaeda, SARS, West Nile Virus, Iraq, Iran, North Korea, South Korea, Syria, Israel, Palestine, the stock market, deflation, housing prices (soon to be the next MAJOR problem), the economy, or our jobs.

Good thing. All those negatives would ruin CONSUMER CONFIDENCE

2. Guninthewater

Guninthewater Guest

You're BEARISH!! Hit every forum in case the sarcasm is lost on someone.

3. josbarr

josbarr