Constitutional Amendment in North Dakota Would Abolish Property Taxes

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hippie, Mar 27, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Hey, I got an idea. Let's abolish property tax and let the people actually own their house they paid for all their lives. Pretty cool, huh?

How are we going to do this? Well, we will implement a sales tax, which is capped. Then, the various governments will pass mandatory balanced budgets. Wow! Another pretty cool idea, huh??

But, alas, most Americans are braindead / brainwashed.

Their "good leaders" keep telling them, they really don't want to do so, but they've just got to raise more money to keep the various government programs going.

And, ain't it crazy...Many of you keep casting your votes for the same lame ass politicians and lame ass political parties who got us where we are today!

But, let's make a long story short.

The people aren't taxed too little, the government spends too much.---(Ronald Reagan)

So, here's some more facts:

The various governments have raped the people of this country.

They find no end to the places that they "are in urgent need of your money" to "fix" some new/old problem that they created.

You can never own your house in the USA. You are only renting from the government, and ain't it funny, they decide how much they will rent your "paid for" property to you each year. And, if they decide they want to confiscate a few hundred more dollars from you each year, what are you going to do? Protest at the tax office? LOL...Good luck with that.

Here's a grand start to fixing this situation:
    Implement term limits. (on all levels of government)
    Implement balanced budgets. (on all levels of government)

Never vote for an incumbent. Never vote to raise your taxes, even if your favorite sports team really needs a new stadium.

I think I'll form a Presidential Exploratory Committee.

Yeah baby!...BSAM for President!:p

#21     Mar 29, 2011
  2. Bob111

Bob111

i'll vote for you at any time, as long as you keep your promises, but
    a) no one in DC going to like what you propose
    b)Wisconcin gvt tried to make a one little tiny stitch on their budget black hole and it did make people angry! people of the state!

how to fuck we can change this,if even at the very bottom people seems against those cuts! we have The Boiling Frog Syndrome on every possible level! national level.
    i have even better idea-abandon current 2 party system. in this world of communication and information we can have truly democratic model by implementing new forms or models of government. way more efficient and responsive than current crappy system. This is where America can and should take the lead. i can only imagine,what will happens in DC,if one will propose something like this. Panic! these politicians in DC are serve nobody else,but themselves and their buddies from corporate world..they remind me a soviet politburo, no less...sad,but true..make me feel that same shit is everywhere,in every country,more or less..

#22     Mar 29, 2011
  3. mikat

mikat

A gentlemen I met here in Texas noted that the absence of income tax caused property taxes to be relatively higher than other states.

It's good for some, but tougher on the retired folks. I never took the time to verify his theory, but it seemed to make some sense.

#23     Mar 29, 2011
  4. would likely cause values of raw land and commercial property to skyrocket with lots of out of state buyers looking to park wealth.

#24     Mar 29, 2011
  5. You see this entire charade for what it is...more than likely because you've lived it in the former Soviet Union. Most people in this country have their heads so far up their asses, they can't think straight, so they argue bullshit talking points back and forth and miss the bigger picture.

The situation in Wisconsin is really telling, I completely agree. These leeches can't stand the idea that the gravy train won't roll on in perpetuity. The notion that they should have to give up one iota of their "rights" is unfathomable. Truly, as much of a protected class as the banking oligarchy.

A meteor crashing into the earth and ending the madness seems to be the only solution.

#25     Mar 29, 2011
  6. The vast majority of people "paid" for that house with bailout-backed mortgages, which IMO completely undercuts the "own their house" side of the equation.

The gov't giveth (a 30 yr fixed mortgage), and the gov't taketh away (your house if you don't pay property taxes).

At the end of the day, if people want lower taxes, they need to insist on fewer services and less spending.

#26     Mar 29, 2011
  7. 1. Minimize income tax.
    2. Maximize wealth tax.

to solve the economic crisis due to globalization.

#27     Mar 30, 2011
  8. TGregg

TGregg

#28     Mar 30, 2011
  9. State and local taxes tend to come from 3 sources. Income tax, property tax, and sales tax. All the states "need" about the same per capita, so if one source of revenue is missing the others need to necessarily be higher.

Depending upon one's income and desired property ownership, choosing a favorable state could be significant to one's finances.

#29     Mar 30, 2011