Constantly shaken out

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by ziyan, Mar 13, 2012.

1. nursebee

nursebee

1. SZYM- why did you enter at all? Why then? I read the entry as being several weeks earlier, but I want to be a buy and hold guy and was not sure I could sleep with the trade (and all money was tied up). It broke out of a trend line 3/9, that was a better entry than on 3/12. http://4nursebee.blogspot.com/2012/01/szym.html

2. What time of day was your entry? What time were the other prices? I have the sense that (and I see it many times over in the market) that a bullish stock opens high, retreats during the day, and then shows it strength towards the close. Seems like this was the case. I am not sure if it is true or not, but I picture a market maker working his book, trying to fill orders at the best price for mutual funds. He scared you out and lowered his VWAP for the day...the opposite is true for bearish acting stocks, the bullish smile shaped chart gets flipped and the psychology is also.

#21     Apr 29, 2012
  2. whenever you get stopped out, it is highly likely (that is more often than not) you are exiting at the worse possible time and price.

However, all that does is chip away at your account balance. A painful deal, but no big deal.

Respecting the trend will make you more money than you ever dreamed of, and disrespecting it will wipe you out.

Like the Good Book says, "No wise king goes to war without first counting the cost."

#22     Apr 29, 2012