Conspiricay Theory: Blueprint for War

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by limitdown, Mar 6, 2003.

1. I wish these theories were true. Would you feel better with Saddam Hussein or Islamist crazies controlling the world's oil supply and the wealth that goes with it?

#51     Mar 29, 2003
  2. Its a good thing this thread is in the psychology section, because the people that made this shit up don't belong on the streets.

#52     Mar 31, 2003
  3. LOLOLOL! Thanks for that one. I haven't even read the thread, just this post and the Title, but I'm still laffin' and that's all I needed.

Catchy thread title though.

#53     Mar 31, 2003
  4. 1948. In 1948 we had an abnormal disparity between those war torn countries, those devistated countries and those former empires that no longer existed and were redrawn on a map irrespective to their ethnic boundaries.

That quote was appropriate, measured and accurate at that time.

We, along with other countries shared that wealth. Revolutions in the 70's in the Arab empires also redistributed that wealth from the Oil (Big Seven Sisters) Companies/Countries to the Producers/Owners of those oil empires, namely the Middle East and Arab empires. Other shifts and balances of power also influenced that disparate distribution of wealth and realization of their own natural resources:
    ---Gold mines in South Wales, New Zealand and other Indonesian lands
    ---Diamond mines all throughout Southern Africa
    ---Oil wealth in the North Sea, Gulf Mexico, Venezulan Coastal waters, Nigeria, Pakistan, and the former Soviet Lands

What we provide now are the same trophies that wealth has always purchased, namely Disney World. What "they" provide are raw materials, and an Industrial revolution in their own lands, and all the polution that goes with it, just like we had, over 100+ years ago.

Life, wealth and economics goes on!

#54     Apr 1, 2003
  5. WTF does that mean???:D

This means you better start your due dilligence. Opinions in regard to this are irrelevant. It is history that repeats itself. I take it your are the type of trader that thinks you are the market!

comp:D :D

#55     Apr 2, 2003
  6. Mecro

Mecro

That article is a good read but the author just does not understand simple currency economics which are not covered by any textbook or theory. Simple thinking makes you realize that if the dollar is not needed for oil, lots and lots of dollars/dollar denominated assets will be getting dumped. If you do not know what that leads to, take a look at Argentina, Singapore, etc. USA is not weak but it will take a big hit while still dealing with the current economic situation. That's the fear.

The main driver to actually go into Iraq is to preserve the dollar strength. Every international trader already knows this and are ready to take bets.

#56     Apr 2, 2003
  7. Mecro

Mecro

Enlighten us

#57     Apr 2, 2003
  8. bearclaw

bearclaw

Ponder this thought :

" if the U.S. troop find Iraq's alleged WMD's, then those weapons will be discovered in the most unfortunate manner, on the other hand, if the U.S. troops do not find WMD's, then the United States will be in a very unique position indeed "

The United States has been put in an ultimate lose-lose situation, I guess we can consider that the ICING on a huge unemployment, government deficit, consumer debt, political nightmare cake from hell....

#58     Apr 2, 2003
  9. I have been hearing all types of opinions on this war in Iraq, and nobody goes back to the initial concept to the war on terrorism. After 9-11 GWB came out and stated countries that he considered to have ties to terrorism. Iraq being one, now I understand that WMD was what the UN went to look for, but overall it is a terrorist regime that we said we would go after. It would be a loss if we went against our own word. Yes soldiers may get harmed in extremely faul ways, but this is what they do for a living and they accept that. To hear that this is a loose loose is bunk, I personally think that Arabs only understand aggression in dealings, try to barter with one. Once we occupy this country the entire region will see that if you fuck with us we will not stand down and that we are a country that will not mess around.

#59     Apr 3, 2003
  10. We only have two major internal problems, consumer debt, and unemployment, and the two are linked. There is no easy solution, but deficit spending will ease the pain.

#60     Apr 3, 2003