Conspiricay Theory: Blueprint for War

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by limitdown, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Mr_F

Mr_F

yes i guess he set me straight:D

something that really does not click with me is that bush is dismissive of any concern over deficit spending...his tax cuts and increased spending....it is troubling and i wonder if a global financial collapse is coming. i have read that central banks everywhere had been shorting gold for some 25 years and also jpm and c have undisclosed derivities with a value that is some multiple (4 or 5 or more ?) of our gdp. i have the feeling the global economy is a house of cards and wonder if it might be prudent to take a small short position on jpm and c and a small long position on some gold mining companies - what say you?

#11     Mar 6, 2003
  2. Babak

Babak

CNBC just mentioned the website www.newamericancentury.org which sources a lot of the same talk coming out of the White House right now, to those key figures in the administration originally voicing them many years ago.

Rather interesting.

#12     Mar 6, 2003
  3. The economy (market) had already started to slip before GW came into office. It's the cyclical nature of the economy. Kind of like a pitcher leaving a game with a 1 run lead but leaves the bases loaded with no outs for the next guy. Then after they lose the game he says "All I know is that we were winning when I left the game."

#13     Mar 6, 2003
  4. t0yland

t0yland

A economic plan generally doesnt start to take effect untill many years after its conception. This is shown many times through out history. Clinton was riding the wave from GB Sr. and Reagon. The economy we are in now is a direct effect of Clintons policy. As evidence of this fact I invite you to take a look when GB took office and when the economy started to turn.

#14     Mar 6, 2003
  5. TONIGHT'S FOCUS: Several years ago, when President Clinton was still in the White House, and 9/11 was still not even a nightmare in anyone's mind, a group of mostly Republicans wrote a letter outlining a foreign policy strategy that involved regime change in Iraq, by force if necessary. Now
    that several of those Republicans are in key positions in the Administration, some critics of the White House's current Iraq policy smell something fishy.

The Project for the New American Century. Never heard of it? Well, don't
    feel bad. Few have. But have you heard of Dick Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld
    or Paul Wolfowitz? Back in 1997, those three out-of-office politicians
    and several other like-minded, mostly conservatives, were frustrated with
    American foreign policy. So they formed this new organization and a year
    later wrote a letter to then-President Bill Clinton calling for a
    "comprehensive political and military strategy for bringing down Saddam
    and his regime."

Today, a 76-page paper written by the organization reads like a blueprint
    for the policy being carried out largely by Vice President Dick Cheney,
    Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Deputy Defense Secretary Paul
    Wolfowitz. In fact, of the 40 people who signed that letter, 10 are
    currently in the Administration.

Is this a case of democracy in action? Influential thinkers who became
    policy makers? Or is it, as some international critics of the White
    House's policy on Iraq have argued, a secretive organization pulling the
    strings of the President, with an imperialistic goal of dominating the
    world? Are these criticisms legitimate?

Tonight ABC News correspondent Jackie Judd will explore this conspiracy
    theory, and the influence and role of the Project for the New American
    Century. Ted Koppel will then speak with the Project's founder and
    chairman, Bill Kristol, who served in both the first Bush and the Reagan
    Administrations.

Also tonight we'll have another report from correspondent Mike Cerre with
    Marine Company Fox 2/5 in Kuwait. After 19 days in the desert, they got a
    shower and a hot meal. But more importantly, they also received their
    plans for their role in an invasion, if and when one is ordered. After
    months of training for war, they now know just what they're going to do.

And finally, Nightline's Chris Bury is in Kuwait this evening, the main
    staging area for the American invasion should it come. He'll give us the
    latest news of the military's preparations.

We hope you'll join us.

Sara Just and the Nightline staff
    Senior Producer
    ABC News NIGHTLINE

pro's are asking the question: http://www.willthomas.net/isbushnuts.htm

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=212859#post212859

#15     Mar 6, 2003
  6. probably the 'best put' phrase in this forum.

funny how the blame game is always in full effect when things are not going your way, but when things are good, there are no thanks put out to the predecessors who, in effect, made it easier for you.

also, the 'smartest' doesnt always mean the 'most effective'.

Pete

#16     Mar 6, 2003
  7. I used to watch Nightline before the Gulf War, but with the better Cable News like FOX, who would want to watch LIBERAL PAP?

Ted Koppel - you gotta be kidding

I'm sure they have dug up some dirt and are trying to sell it to the few remaining people that watch the old networks.

Sort of like watching OLD EUROPE and the UN fade into the dust.

#17     Mar 6, 2003
  8. bigbear

bigbear

he rode the wave of the tech boom. a monkey could've been in the white house and the same thing would have happened. the bush - spend spend spend - plan worked for reagan in the 80's.

i think bush is a great president. go short all you want - he's easily in for another term. he is fighting a war clinton was too much of a pu*sy to. maybe it was cause he was too busy getting pus*y? the democrats are a bunch of idiots. Daschle is great - always blaming and whining but never coming up with any solutions or ideas. he's a true politician. worthless. makes me want to puke.

Bush will win us the war and get our economy back on track. as far as this market goes - we'll break out of this range. we always have periods of crap trading. just more now than past years. there are opportunities every day. go get em.

#18     Mar 6, 2003
  9. agin, I like the fact that you like FOX. I really like Fox, it's like trying to get some hard objective facts on the Jerry Springer show.

Fox is a joke.

If we don't stop fooling around with foreign policy, the international community will take us as a big joke and they have started already. Pisses me off that when i go to Europe, ppl talk about Bush's dumb policy and i can't find words to deny the allegations.

I'm shorting the bombs.

#19     Mar 6, 2003
  10. yeah, seems that they took their marbles from the game and went home over a year before the party changed hands

we're all suffering for that too

#20     Mar 6, 2003