conspiracy theory: government price manipulation

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Sep 13, 2006.

Does the US government have a classified price manipulation agency?

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    56.3%
  2. No

21 vote(s)
    43.8%
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well for all you freaking conspiracy nuts, pushing oil up will benefit the Carlye Group big time. It also forces us to look for alternative energy sources now, not later. I'm sure the Bushies are long all those alternative energy stocks too right? LOL.

Plus all the hedge funds and CTA's that are long oil, more Bushie friends no? Come on man, far more money for the gov't insiders to make pushing oil higher then lower. Shit dude, go down to chit chat and you'll see 90% of those moonbats say Bush went into Iraq just to enrich Haliburton and Bechtel corp. Why would he stand for the gov't pushing oil down when he started a war to push it higher? Oh, the life of a conspiracy nut, not easy. :p

#21     Sep 14, 2006
  2. Hey I'm not saying I believe it - just that arguing it is a good time.

But seriously, this is short term money, and permanent demand destruction is bad for these guys, as alternative plays are too spread out because who the hell knows where it will go.

I wonder how fast nuclear power plants can be built when its a matter of economic crisis? Instead of 7-10 year time frames, I'm sure it could come down to 1-2 yrs. That and forcing all cars to be plug in hybrids should be our panic button. Invest in Westinghouse (or whoever gets the nuclear building contracts) and Toshiba (or whoever has the most used battery tech after a subsidy passed).

#22     Sep 14, 2006
  3. Maybe you have it backwards. maybe nobody is pushing down the price of oil. maybe it is coming down so fast because it was artificially inflated in the first place. that makes more sense.

Cheap gas is gone. I still cringe when i think about being in europe in the late 80s and they were paying a buck fifty for a liter of gas. That was in the $5 plus range 20 years ago.

#23     Sep 14, 2006
  4. Prevail

Prevail Guest

BMW just announced they will be producing their 7 series to run on hydrogen. the emmission from the tail pipe is merely water vapor. technology is on the move and opec/producing nations know it.

#24     Sep 14, 2006
  5. Pabst

Pabst

I couldn't agree more. Perma bulls in energy markets fail to take note of new technologies. Few times in history has man failed to solve tangible crises or needs through invention........

#25     Sep 14, 2006
  6. Prevail

Prevail Guest

so what you are saying is "necessity is the mother of invention"? :) good post.

there are two kinds of people, those who believe what you just said and those who are pessimistic. it is great to be on this side.

#26     Sep 14, 2006
  7. I'd like to be optimistic about the right things. Hydrogen is not a solution yet - realistically, it takes fossil fuel burning to create it. Net result is the same or worse than burning gasoline directly.

Water out the tailpipe, smoke out the chimney.

#27     Sep 14, 2006
  8. Bullet

Bullet

Yes it does, and I am in charge of it. Send me a check for 10K (as well as 4 diet cokes) and I will enlighten you as to every conspiracy in the world....I will also tell you the secrets behind area 52 (area 51's close...ok 3rd....cousin)

THE TRUTH WILL IMPRISON YOU....IT WILL NOT SET YOU FREE!!!!

#28     Sep 14, 2006