conspiracy theories

Discussion in 'Options' started by acen1975, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ha,ha,ha.....i was really wondering how many billions the hedge fund industry lost last year on betting that the future curve in the oil market MUST tighten before expiration :D
    a couple months ago you might have seen the same......when the goverment started to talk about commodity market regulations,and you freinds from GS started to run like rabbits out of the "near" oil futures:D
    and the contango widened almost as much as a mouth of a massage "therapist" at a happy ending spa:D

but......the lobby dollars looks like are strong enough to discourage the spark of moral "issues" that some democrats started to suffer from:D

how was the the rule:
    if you can't beat them,buy them:D

there are new rules coming into effect november.....we shall see if somebody will be fined, or the rabbits are gonna run for their life short before that,or the new regulations are just the usual de ja vu,that i am used to see throughout the last couple years......

#11     Sep 9, 2009
  2. What makes you think hedge funds lost in the crude markets last year?

Lets see on the one hand there are fimrs like GS who we know makes a ton of money and has some of the brightest people in the industry. On the othr hand we have an anonymous internet forum poster claiming he uses GS and then out smarts them and who missed in plain English what I said about the futures decay.

I guess the readers of this forum can decide for themselves who did better in the crude markets.

LOL

#12     Sep 9, 2009
  3. well,never said something about smartness or who has bigger balls,or who is more handsome:D
    but if we talk about "outsmarting" let me give you my point of view:
    a think that everybody,who is capable of working for himself from home and work whenever he wants is more succesfull than the avarage investment banker,who MUST go everyday to work for somebody else,to wake up early and battle with the traffic,and dream the whole year what he is going to do with his 3 week anual vacation.......
    for me peolpe,who work for a company are incapable to manage their own money,so they manage somebody else's .......
    the the eighties are far gone now,and believe it or not,today you can make your money from home,than to pay your broker or get a soaring feet at the pits:D
    the profession "broker","money manager","financial adviser :D " and so on,have a kind of different meaning nowdays,to what it meant before:D

before was an inevitable part of the game,today is a synonym of incapability.

it just a different point of view-you admire the "brightest" GS white collar "brains",i sympathise them
    :D

and about your "advises" on the future decay.........in my world we call in contango/backwardation markets...or you can get away with future curve,but future decay :D ........its a new meaning for me,but excuse my english vocabulary......its as poor as and average phd "financial adviser" at a mutual fund :D

#13     Sep 9, 2009
  4. Here is the issue, a mutual fund is not something that has a “financial advisor” or any of those other terms. I was not speaking about GS in terms of a brokerage company.

It’s wonderful that you claim to make a nice living from home and you insinuate you have a PhD. Do you really want to compare income with one of the “traders” or portfolio managers at GS?
    In fact the only real issue here is the size of the ego on an anonymous internet poster who now indicates he can work from home and make more than a trader/portfolio manager at GS. If it makes you feel better about yourself to continue to imply all those ego stroking things you have mentioned feel free to continue. This is the internet and no one expects everyone to be able to handle the anonymity of the place. There are always those who believe it’s somehow impressive to post about income, education or how the beat the markets from their couch in their boxers. Yawn

#14     Sep 9, 2009
  5. the rabbits started to run:D

#15     Sep 11, 2009
  6. What a load of steaming gebberish!

#16     Sep 13, 2009
  7. There is no profits to be had for the OP since at first he claimed he was buying puts on the way up and then ammended his story to time spreads on the way up. SO now we had a bit of a pull back at best his positions have moved back closer to break even for him, thats at best. Yet he still has a nice big anonymous ego and no matter what happens in the market we already know he'll claim to make a profit.

#17     Sep 13, 2009
  8. spindr0

spindr0

I beg to differ.
    It's gibberish not gebberish

:D

#18     Sep 14, 2009
  9. spindr0

spindr0

It must have been one of those evening/weekend LIVE TRADES that you monitor

:)

#19     Sep 14, 2009
  10. Bakinec

Bakinec

so what is the conspiracy theory here to be exact? i posted two-three weeks ago in the forex forum that i think usd is gonna go up (on a weekly or monthly basis)...so far its been going up but it might be a blow off.

#20     Sep 14, 2009