Consistently Profitable Traders - Going Red to Black

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by DEM BONES, Aug 14, 2010.

1. NoDoji

NoDoji

That explains it! I'm vegetarian!

And since my Profit Factor was pretty much off the charts today, I imagine I should have dinner at PF Cha-Chings :D

#51     Aug 16, 2010
  2. It is not sufficient but it is necessary you idiot. Can you teach math problem solving if you do not know what a function is?

Learn who are succesful traders

http://www.cnbc.com/id/37510862

Then stop exhibiting your ignorance.

#52     Aug 16, 2010
  3. Yep, ignorance should not be a problem in trading. I agree.

#53     Aug 16, 2010
  4. #54     Aug 16, 2010
  5. dst888

dst888

Quote from Bolimomo:

Perhaps a millionaire like yourself should hire someone to spell-check for you. You have misspelled "testosterone" in five different ways in the same short post.

Maybe a side effect of having high testosterone.
    [/QUOTE]

A millionaire is nothing special if you live in Massachusetts, because about 25% of household are millionaire in many towns in MA. Just list a few: Lincoln (26%), Western (26%), Waban (23%) Beacon Hill (24%), Dover (23%) and there are more.

#55     Aug 16, 2010
  6. dst888

dst888

Quote from coolweb:

"when u say traders are born, u are probably refering to the tenacity of the person, It is more like a person with high testesrone excell not only in TRADING but everything else in life such as SPORTS, business, kicking others peoples ass.

A person born with high testerrone, he'll get everything ",manly" right
    while a person with low testersrone, will be less agressive, timid, take less trades, afraid to speak up, not lead a company. The few successful millaionaires I do know, including myself , are not only good in business ,but women, sports ,everything.

quite frankly, anybody with high testerone will beat your low/mediocre testerones ass by far because I am much more aggressive.
    reading my post u can feel the testosterone, its like someone high on steroids but its completely natural . I'm speaking it from a "matter of fact" attitude, with no aggression at all. For a low testosterone person to speak like this, would be unlikely unless he was insulted or angered.QUOTE]"

Quote from Bolimomo:

Perhaps a millionaire like yourself should hire someone to spell-check for you. You have misspelled "testosterone" in five different ways in the same short post.

Maybe a side effect of having high testosterone.
    [/QUOTE]

A millionaire is nothing special if you live in Massachusetts, because about 25% of household are millionaire in many towns in MA. Just list a few: Lincoln (26%), Western (26%), Waban (23%) Beacon Hill (24%), Dover (23%) and there are more.

#56     Aug 16, 2010
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Trading statistics reflect performance. Not the other way around.

Wanting a car that does 200 mph, corners like a Ferrari, and accelerates from 0 to 60 in 3 seconds, doesn't imbue the knowledge to build one.

As far as natural talent is concerned - that's bs. It took me 4 years. 5 to hone it. And 6 to really kill it. There's lots of ways to skin a cat. Most are quantifiable and therefore, transferable. Some might be gifted. Most aren't.

#57     Aug 16, 2010
  8. achilles28

achilles28

There's some truth to that. Shifting perspectives and thinking outside the box is invaluable for trading. Playing with testosterone levels, fish oil and a pinch of weed, helped me break free of dogmatic attitudes that kept my perception locked on worthless approaches.

When I finally accepted Einsteins definition of insanity - and acted on it - my trading "education" went parabolic.

#58     Aug 16, 2010
  9. dave4532

dave4532

Mike, I sense you are a bit hostile towards me. I asked you an honest question and you are replying with words such as "bother", "your belief system", etc. That does not sound good to me. It may be an indication of hidden high level frustration levels but I may be wrong it may be just regular pressure from the markets. I did not know you are managing a fund. I asked you the question because I have two very close friends who studied EE and they are both making around 120K+ Good engineers are in high demand even in this slow economy. AFAIK, it is hard to make that kind of money trading although it is not possible but I have not met anyone doing it and believe me, I know many people who trade.

Having said that, given the fact that I am new here compared to you and others, I have done some limited research but I have not been able to identify any edge "that will work in perpetutity [it is spelled perpetuity] given that the market structure remains somewhat constant.". Maybe you will be kind enough to point me to older posts of members that were generous enough to share such an edge. Maybe I have a different - possibly wrong - idea about what constitutes an edge. As I said, I am new here.

#59     Aug 16, 2010
  10. Dave,

It makes you look very arrogant (and more than a little stupid) for you to have come into a forum and posted something like you did below. if you really think that, why waste your time on worthless sites about a worthless pursuit? If you don't believe what you posted, what was the point of posting it?

Now, I agree in spirit with what you're saying -- there are no easy simple ways to make money in the market. It all requires discipline and I am certain I could tell you exactly how to trade and you could still lose money doing so. (Been there done that with quite a few people...) talent? Maybe... I mean there are some common personality traits in the people who I have seen become successful (and aggression is not one of those common traits. There are aggressive traders but there also are many who are introverts. IntradayBill has only half the story and I suspect his experience is limited to prop desks where that attitude flies.) Maybe that is talent, but it also requires a lot of dedication, hard work and time to become successful.

And any successful trading requires a statistical edge David...

#60     Aug 17, 2010