Consistent way to make money

Discussion in 'Options' started by Optionswriter, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Don't worry Atty isn't going anywhere. He's married, he doesn't have anything else to do... :wtf:p

Anyone who knows anything about trading knows that he is quite an asset to this board. Atty's departure would cause me to go into a depression deeper than can be induced by a gram of clomid.

#81     Jul 7, 2007
  2. Stop attacking each other, the immaturity of some people here are appalling.

Back to original discussion, guys.

#82     Jul 14, 2007
  3. lar

lar

Thanks for the laughs gents...

Atticus. It is clear that iloveoptions is a knucklehead to believe everyone else is so stoooopid that his bs can't be seen through. He never really did answer your question about the origin of his humongous DD. In effect he said, "try and figure it out yourself and if you can't then it doesn't really exist." lol

DD is DD. Open position DD is still a DD where the rubber meets the road. His chart selection did not include commissions or a reality factor (slippage ect) which makes the total account balance less than zero. In everybody else's world, that means market calls and account closure.

Keep on keeping on and thanks for your insights here.

Peace and gtty,

Lar

#83     Jul 14, 2007
  4. Yea, stop fighting guys, lol.

This thread meant to be a discussion about a trading strategy.

#84     Jul 15, 2007
  5. Bogie

Bogie

It's been my experience that there is nothing automatic about the markets. Things can change and go against you quickly in one day no matter how good your system is. I have found success in doing OTM credit spreads on index options. Your still selling options but just providing some insurance for yourself.

#85     Sep 26, 2007
  6. I agree with you. Just a question about writing index options (SP500)

1. How far do you usually write out of the money?

2. What do you do if market moves against you? Any hedging techniques?

Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#86     Sep 26, 2007
  7. What an entertaining thread.... nothings funnier then two people or more trying to flex their internet muscles

#87     Sep 26, 2007

8. you know this site has a lot of people trying to learn through nonprofessional channels.

all you are trying to show is how much you know by being facetious. why not try to help them a little?

#88     Sep 26, 2007

9. wtfom,

I am all for rational discourse and helping people. It just seems that so many of these threads just boil down to people flexing their internet muscles and cat fighting.

I am not making a statement about what I know or anyone else knows. I tried to interject a little sarcasm in hope that people would pick up on it and leave the childish muscle flexing alone.

#89     Sep 26, 2007

10. my 2 cents is to also trade otm credit spreads (i go very far otm). i buy back all spreads once i get some profit. a lot of times you leave your self exposed when you should not be (because mkts moving toward the short strikes), just to gain very little juice.

also do some debit spreads, and fly's around the credits, when the big moves come they will earn and offset your credit spreads that get in danger.

until you have years of experience, i would not recomend any unbounded short plays. despite what others may say, you can earn nice money as long as you do not play with fire by getting too greedy.

xflat2186, i know you are extremely experienced; i just see so much sarcasm here, sometimes i feel like knocking some teeth out of the pipsqeeks who hide behind their computers. you are not one of them. i just got a little worked up.

#90     Sep 26, 2007