Consistent system for intraday

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by TTT, Jul 1, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

yes i too have the same experience...making money is easy,keeping it is impossible.
    i once made 200 usd into 20000 usd in one trading day.....but if you do not understand the market, this does not mean anything.
    see my post no 49 above in this thread

#51     Jul 4, 2018
    edward168 likes this.
  2. padutrader

padutrader

Ed seykota once said" if you cannot read the basics and watch a successful trader at work restrict your trading to the super market"
    i have gone 25 years without knowing a successful trader so no wonder i am still learning.

#52     Jul 4, 2018
    CSEtrader and ElectricSavant like this.
  3. yes that is what i am talking about, you can make large amounts and also have consistent good days and then lose all that and more, so in the end it feels like gambling. If you work at a job you know that you will get paid and thats what most of my friends do, the pay is not much to brag about but still it is consistent while trading, you can manage risk so much but still lose it all. May be successful traders are more into psychology of trading rather then actual trading, cos all will have good days and bad days, in the end its the psychology that defines a true trader from rest of the gambling traders.

#53     Jul 4, 2018
    edward168 and MarkBrown like this.
  4. padutrader

padutrader

i have struggled with what you are talking about for 25 years,[15 years position trading 10 years intraday] and from the beginning i was not searching not for a system but i was searching for the understanding of the market.i knew 25 years ago that the market does the same thing over and over again that there should be a cycle.
    There should be a cycle because traders react to what has just happened,and the cycle of greed and fear will always be omnnipresent.
    But if you cannot measure it you cannot manage it.
    I have only just realized that the only thing you can measure is momentum again see my post 49

#54     Jul 4, 2018
    edward168 likes this.
  5. padutrader

padutrader

you have to get used to losing ....if you have played golf you will know what i am talking about....you hit 60 bad shots and only hit 20 good ones but overall you get a decent score.
    trading is like that for most people.
    i do not want to trade like that:i want to understand the market. it took me 25 years but now i am close to my goal

#55     Jul 4, 2018
    edward168 likes this.
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

psychological issues are caused from "not knowing" you in fact have a "valid" edge. the lack of this knowledge indeed makes you a gambler who has no idea why he win/loss.

to know when the future is in your favor is "the edge", if you don't have this your lost. to get this edge you have to work hard.

#56     Jul 4, 2018
    tenny1886, They and edward168 like this.
  7. p0box4

p0box4

Are you really close or are you just telling yourself you are close?

I dont want to be a pessimist but i have seen you posting about a dozen systems the past few weeks and all of them where your new revolutionary money making strategy.

You really have to change your mindset or it will take you another 25 years, sorry

#57     Jul 4, 2018
    MarkBrown likes this.
  8. padutrader

padutrader

i should say sorry
    i am not posting all these systems for you or any other trader to follow..... i am just testing it out and getting feed back from others.
    i work on many ideas ......but there is one central theme...what is the market doing and how can i measure it.
    when i get my revolutionary idea which works i will not explain it...i will only post my broker's statement, which if fantastic will be doubted, i know, and if terrible will be believed.

#58     Jul 4, 2018
  9. padutrader

padutrader

i have actually reached my goal.....but it is my destination.....so i do not expect you or anyone else to be enamored
    my broking statement will prove it ..to myself..i am trading for my benefit

#59     Jul 4, 2018
    CSEtrader likes this.
  10. padutrader

padutrader

they are all independent of one another: you seem to have the idea that one is good, another bad; it depends on what you want.

#60     Jul 4, 2018