Consistency is my goal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by mastacoli71, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Week ending 2/24/12:

I got the consistency part down, now I just need to get it down in one direction consistently. Before everything was working. Now nothing is working. So goes the psychology of trading.

I ran the numbers where I stand for the month of Feb (also including the last few days in Jan): -18000, month of Feb only -14100. Not good, not good at all. Psychology has once again been a big part given at one point this week I had this down to -10k. :mad:

Forget about the futures for now, -1500 this week. Don't want to discuss anything about them right now. I will get back to them once I get back on track with my mind and core strategies.

I need to end this post with some positive thoughts. I am not fighting this current trend (i.e. taking risk off instead of adding). I am still positive on the year (+37k). There are still 3 days left in Feb (anything is possible with a healthy mind and getting back to what works).

#131     Feb 25, 2012
  2. Week ending 3/2/12:

Well things have certainly taken a turn for the worst psychologically. Although I am still up on the year, I have given back nearly 50% of what I made in January. I've made the decision to stop this thread and trading for the time being so I can focus on what is going on. I have not made any money in about 2 years. My peak equity was in July 2010, yes 2010. That is not good and probably has a lot to do with my state of mind.

Good luck to you all. Moderator please shut down this thread. Thank you.

#132     Mar 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.