Considering Tradovate. Anyone using them?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Laissez Faire, Jun 29, 2022.

1. ninjatrader bought tradovate I believe

#21     Jul 24, 2022
  2. That's correct.

I'm not sure if there's any practical implications for users of either at the moment. I'm guessing it's business as normal for now.

#22     Jul 24, 2022
  3. It seems like Tradovate does not track your performance in points/ticks. Only $$$.

#23     Jul 25, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  4. Hello Laissez Faire,

This is good right?

It shows you all your trades and equity curve, and wins and losses and win% and lose % and drawdwon, right?

#24     Jul 25, 2022
  5. Arguably, those are most important.

I like to track the points, too.

I have a fairly good system in Excel where I just export trade data from NT to Excel. It is of course a manual step I'd like to avoid. I'm sure I use 1-3 hours per week for all my bookeeping and in a busy life that's time I could spend doing something else.

A random week:

upload_2022-7-25_23-22-48.png

#25     Jul 25, 2022
    CALLumbus likes this.
  6. Hello Laissez Faire,

You need Tradovate like me so you can show off your trade performance. Nooone will believe Excel.

I will either use Tradovate or Tradestation and connect tradestation to https://kinfo.com/leaderboard/profit.

Both will allow me to show off to other traders and members on ET without no arguing and noone think I am lying.

Are you trying to brag others? Excel is old school. Throw it away.

Also, if you can build a believable track record, may open a trading school for a fee.

#26     Jul 25, 2022
    CALLumbus and Laissez Faire like this.
  7. The bragging part is secondary, but definitely an option I’d like to have.

Tradestation seems to be an option too. I read some mixed reviews, though.

#27     Jul 26, 2022
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. Incredibly, it seems like the PDF statements are pretty much standard with most brokers. I can't believe that Tradovate's solution isn't the industry standard in this day and age.

I finally managed to get a demo of Tradovate up and running and placed some trades today. Don't mind the shitty performance as I wasn't really trading. Just placing some trades to play around with the interface.

It could be a matter of habit of course, but I have to say I much prefer trading through Ninjatrader. But look at this which is available real-time:

upload_2022-8-4_23-12-55.png

#28     Aug 4, 2022
    CALLumbus and SimpleMeLike like this.
  9. Good Morning Laissez Faire,

Great showing the account looks REAL, and believable. I will be testing out Tradovate as well for 100% believable showing.

#29     Aug 5, 2022
    Laissez Faire likes this.
  10. Yes. It's a great feature for sure. Feel free to report back on your results. I'm still liking Ninjatrader better for actual trading, but like I said, it may be a matter of practice.

#30     Aug 5, 2022