Considering joining this Prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderdude55, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Bakinec

Bakinec

Who the hell, in their right mind, would want to join a prop firm? Unless they're a noob?

Open your own futures account and get rolling. Best aspects? You don't share profit, you don't need to commute, you don't need to wash immediately after getting up, and many more. You're a free bird with your own account.

5k? I'd rather put that into a futures account. There's plenty of simulation you can do without risking a cent.

#31     Jan 23, 2011
  2. one positive of a good group environment which I cannot copy from home is the buzz or call it synergy but the emphasis is on good. I have been trading profitable from home for over a decade now .

#32     Jan 23, 2011
  3. """
    CBSX member firm - so 1 yr lockup of $5k (no series 7 req)
    No desk or other service fees
    .005 commission starting out
    90% payout
    50:1 leverage so 250k bp
    Lightspeed platform
    """"

^^
    The payout if fine. The leverage is too much for someone new. Though, if they limit you by position size then BP doesn't really matter now does it?
    1 year lockup is required.
    no series 7 is good, but sounds like CBSX is going to charge us to take a test soon, bastards.

.005 commission is way too high, don't forget you have ECN fees as well. You will spend months learning to beat that commission with a 5k account. Try to negotiate that lower, whatever firm this is KNOWS those are high fees, and are probably just trying to flush you out.

If they are charging you .005 , all training should be free and your mentor should be very attentive to your needs. also for that price, make sure they are giving you good equipment, multiple monitors etc.

There needs to be a trade off, don't let these firms abuse you. If the commissions are high, there should be no data fees, no training fees, etc. Everything should be paid for.

If commissions are very low, you can expect to pay for the other ammenities.

Though, watch out for places that have the high prices AND crappy ammenities.

#33     Jan 24, 2011