Considering joining this Prop firm

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by traderdude55, Dec 22, 2010.

1. I doubt at 50:1

#11     Dec 26, 2010
  2. LEAPup

LEAPup

I doubt it as well.

#12     Dec 26, 2010
  3. No overnight positions.

The buying power is indeed $250k so 50:1. However, I was told that with the risk management parameters, there's no way I would be playing around with this amount. I will be starting off trading 200 shares and working up from there after I show some profitability.

#13     Dec 26, 2010
  4. how can you doubt anything posted here on et?

#14     Dec 26, 2010
  5. it is SMB Capital New York

#15     Jan 11, 2011
  6. cstfx

cstfx

When did SMB become a CBSX firm? Last check of their site shows they are still the ubiquitous "education" firm, not a CBSX deposit firm.

#16     Jan 11, 2011
  7. There are three main ways is to trade with SMB. The first is to be an experienced trader with a track record of a least a year. Your track record will need to show your experience as an intraday trader and show consistent profitability for at least a year. Without a track record you will have to be trained like all new traders at SMB.
    The second way to trade with SMB is to enroll in the SMB Foundation and Trader Development through www.smbtraining.com. We train all traders through SMB Training.com on a one-on-one basis. You have the choice of training remotely or in-office.
    The third way to trade with SMB is to join the broker/dealer we are partnering with. We are only offering this to traders who a track record or who have trained with us through the SMB Foundation. The basic structure is:
    · 10k minimum deposit (12 month lock on funds from start of account)

· 10 to 1 buying power. Buying power will be increased with consistent trading.

· .40cents per 100 shares (no minimum charges)

· Lightspeed Trading Platform

· 90% Payout

· Normal Retail Fees are charged:

#17     Jan 11, 2011
  8. cstfx

cstfx

OP said 5k w/50:1 bp, not 10k with 10:1 and .005 not .004.

This is not OP's firm

#18     Jan 11, 2011
  9. it is SMB

#19     Jan 11, 2011
  10. that seems like a high deposit locked for low bp
    MGB starts out for rookies a minimum deposit much lower and higher leverage.
    with them you also have a choice of like 3-4 different payouts with extra incentive...
    i brought in a few guys and they increased my payout without asking.
    you should check them out they only do remote
    www mgbtrading dot com

#20     Jan 11, 2011