Considering e-mini NASDAQ100 futures

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by viewpoint, Dec 17, 2002.

1. I might trade the mini NASDAQ100 contracts next year; I have less than $5,000. How many contracts can I daytrade? If I capture about 1% intraday move, how much (how many dollars) does that translate into? If the stop is 1/2%, how much loss would than mean per contract?

Where can I go simply look up short-term charts on NQ the way I can easily go to bigcharts.com etc and look up charts for stocks?

Also, if I trade only the NQ, what is the cheapest real time intraday charting I can get (precise and reliable, of course)?

2. bora

bora

3. With $5,000 you can daytrade 5 NQ contracts with
    most brokers.
    1% move is about 10 NQ points, which is $200.

4. The proper question is not how many you can trade, it is how many you should trade. The answer is 1.

5. CHRIST CANT YOU FIGURE ANY OF THIS OUT FOR YOURSELF??

START WITH ***ONE** CONTRACT...DUH.

UNLESS YOU WANT TO GIVE YOUR $$ TO ME RIGHT NOW AND SAVE YOURSELF A LOT OF HEADACHES CAUSE **I** AM THE ONE ( AND MANY OTHER VERY SHARP MF'ERS)YOU ARE GOING UP AGAINST ON THE NQ BATTLEFIELD! HEH HEH:D

AND #2... STUDY THE CHARTS... DAY & NIGHT.... CAUSE I DID.. AND I DO ... EACH & EVERY NIGHT...DAY IN AND DAY OUT...

I WILL EAT YOU 4 LUNCH IF YOU DONT PUT 4TH AT LEAST AS MUCH EFFORT.. HEHEHEHEH

AND YOU BETTER BEE SHARP BRO..
    :D :D :D

HINT.......ITS ALL ABOUT PATTERNS BRO....:D :D :D

6. Until you completely understand trading, you must trade one and only one contract. The number of the contracts you should trade is one. Not more, not less. One is the number. Not two, not three. Definitely not four and five is right out. The number of the contracts is one. One shall be the number of contracts.

7. toby400

toby400

Like a lamb to the slaughter.

Listen to AAA..."The proper question is not how many you can trade, it is how many you should trade. The answer is 1."

You can get some help here, however...please make an effort to find out what you can under your own steam.

Good luck:)

8. Quah

Quah

Hi, Mojo Jojo!

9. TRS

TRS

Your number is one.....

The chaos that surrounds you
    the facts that astound you
    at last your number has found you
    your number is one
    I'm looking high
    I'm looking low
    I want to know therefore I go
    Your number is One

YOUR NUMBER IS ONE
    HENRY ROLLINS

10. kiwi

kiwi

I agree with the other posters.
    Do not trade more than one contract until you are consistently profitable.
    I suggest that you go to the CME website and view the educational material that is there. You need to understand what you are trading eg $/pt move.
    You need to have adequate datafeed/charting.
    I would recommend Interactive Brokers, if you dont already have them. Also I would suggest using an interface like Bracket Trader.
    There are several free chat rooms on Paltalk that trade the ES and NQ contracts. You may want to visit some and read the material on their websites.
    I would suggest that you initially educate yourself about this trading instrument. Paper trade initially to get a feel for your method and how the NQ trades. Then, and only then, start trading one contract.
    If you just jump in and start trading 5 contracts, I expect you will be out of business in two weeks.
    Take it slowly.

Stuart

#10     Dec 18, 2002