Conservatives’ Consolation Prize

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OccupyThis, Jun 28, 2012.

1. OK, I am against over spending, especially the trillions on unnecessary wars and subsidies for oil co's, pharms co's etc. So we agree on that, good. And I believe in making those who require gov't assistance, and are physically able, to work for it. I don't care if they work online, sweep up around the city, or whatever. Do something so they can have some self respect.

Again, finding common ground is a good thing. Thanks.

#31     Jun 30, 2012
  2. jem

jem

we once had zero income tax and good natured people like you said... dont worry its just one percent it will never go higher.

we once had a very small ss tax and good natured people like you said don't worry about.

we once were not forced to pay money to third parties...
    people like you say don't worry about it.

our property, our earnings and our wages were once our own.
    worry about it.

The price of freedom is vigilence.

#32     Jun 30, 2012
  3. I'm sorry I'm just not familiar with all these subsidies big oil and pharma are getting, care to enlighten me?

#33     Jun 30, 2012
  4. I assume you're joking, but just in case:

Governments such as the United States government provide a heavy public subsidy to petroleum companies, with major tax breaks at virtually every stage of oil exploration and extraction, including for the costs of oil field leases and drilling equipment.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum_industry

Same with Agriculture and Pharms.

#34     Jun 30, 2012
  5. I understand, but it's a big difference between taxation that does something and taxation that just goes to waste. Wars, oil company subsidies, big agriculture sub's and the rest seem a bit too much. And, if we help people, hopefully they will not become the small percentage of welfare queens, if that's the argument.

#35     Jun 30, 2012
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Naturopathic medicine just got further trampled I'm sure. It's not covered by insurance very much.

The devil is called "the god of this world". He piles up lies upon lies and builds an incredible house of cards. We have the medical establishment killing hundreds of thousands per year by withholding information, controlling the venue for the debate, paying off politicians, covering up mistakes, operating filthy hospitals, lying about the side effects, suppressing natural medicine and supplements, etc..

I just don't use doctors for much of anything... I sort of detest them. I can cure things for myself that they can't and they get pissy with me when I tell them about it! I think I'm better prepared for the future than most people, inflation is going to take the government dependent people all the way down to something like what Cuban healthcare is currently... I don't see any other possible outcome with the Democrats spending like crazy in a worldwide recession and passing expensive legislation like the health care bill while they can't make their minimum payments on their debt without borrowing...

#36     Jul 1, 2012
  7. I'm sorry one two lines from the ny times just doesn't cut it for me.

Of course big business has it crony capitalists bribing politicians for tax breaks and increased (wink wink nod nod ) regulation to impede competitors.

I think people who believe like you do are dependent upon ignorance concerning deduction of business operations. To you I suspect any penny of profit a company retains is probably seen as a missing penny of taxation that belongs to big brother.

#37     Jul 1, 2012