Conservatives’ Consolation Prize

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OccupyThis, Jun 28, 2012.

1. He is reminding me of the guy who appointed him, George Bush. A fake conservative who bends over backwards in a vain attempt to compromise with a crowd of people who despise him and all he stands for. So he ends up just compromising his own values and selling out the people who supported him in the process.

This was not a constitutional law decision, beyond the Commerce Clause part. It was just an exercise in raw judical activism, making it up as they go.

This decision will no doubt mark Roberts' legacy as Chief Justice, and it will be one law professors and their students mock for decades.

#21     Jun 29, 2012
  2. We may not be able to match Roberts' knowledge of the Constitution, but Justice Scalia certainly can.

#22     Jun 29, 2012
  3. jem

jem

The constitution does not need an oracle. The court has worked themselves up into being an oracle because they do not follow the directions.

Roberts just seemed to trash jurisprudence again.

And now I wonder about Obama and his ominous warnings to the court.

Threat...
    How do I know its real.
    Obama will threaten the court out of the blue tomorrow.

#23     Jun 29, 2012
  4. Nonsense, a fine for those laggards who want me to pay for their healthcare via taxes. I believe they should pay their own way. Are you for more welfare? Fine/tax those who are taking from the system. Makes it easier to hire more workers.

#24     Jun 29, 2012
  5. Except the fines do not come close to paying the true cost of providing coverage to the uninsured. That will come from taxpayers and from people who thought they would be getting the medicare coverage they paid into for a lifetime. In a few years, the whole thing will break down, as was planned. Insurance rates will be unaffordable for the middle class. Then the final step of the Kennnedy/pelosi master plan kicks in with a fully socialized health care system. At that point we can start killing tens of thosusand of eldelry people a year like they do in the UK. We'll need to the money to treat all those illegal aliens and their kids.

#25     Jun 30, 2012
  6. jem

jem

Its about being an American.
    Constitutional rights to be free of govt.

Income tax and SS were massive takings of rights and liberties. Now forcing us to pay money to third parties is the next massive step to owning us completely.

Instead of enslaving us physically, instead of enslaving Eastern Europe style our rights to be free of govt and 3rd parties have been taken piece by piece.

We have been turned into govt slaves.... giving larger portions of our income to it.

This now lets us become slaves to Corps. Directing our money to Insurance Companies.

Takeover accomplished... Now its just incremental creep, like income tax going from 1% on up.

Soon we will be giving part of income to whoever buys the most politicians.

Bankers fee or pay tax
    Fed fee or pay tax

Drug Comp fee or pay tax
    Lawyers fee or pay tax

Art School fee or pay tax
    PBS fee or pay tax

Gasohol fee or pay tax
    Corn fee or pay tax

Carbon fee or Pay tax
    Atheist or Christian fee or Pay tax

Brown or Blue eyes or Pay fee
    Security fee
    Govt worker fee
    Govt Drone Drugs or pay fee

#26     Jun 30, 2012
  7. AAA - we're paying 100% now of the uninsured HC. If we make them pay something, we're better off.

and jem, a bit exaggerated and theatrical. I didn't want to pay trillions for foolish wars either, but as an American, I pay my taxes, a lot of them.

Obama didn't take your guns, didn't take your ammo, is not a Muslim, was born in the U.S.

If Romney has better plans, we'd all love to hear them.

On Obamney care, well. You know.

#27     Jun 30, 2012
  8. medifraud on steroids and you think we're better off?

Why can't you libtards move to greece instead of trying to compete with them to see which country circles the drain first into the cesspool of despair and real privation (not the one you hyperventilate and imagine you suffer now)?

#28     Jun 30, 2012
  9. Your hyperbole notwithstanding, I agree that we really need to clean up the actual costs involved with HC. Starting with the insurance companies, all the way down to $20 bandaids.

#29     Jun 30, 2012
  10. There's no hyperbole in my statement, give us another 15 yrs of deficit and social spending like the last 4 and it's here.

#30     Jun 30, 2012